PDA

View Full Version : Bipolar reactor with unipolar appearance

Havens78
10-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Forgive me if I mix terms, please ask me to explain a little further if this makes no sense at all.

Could you take a bipolar reactor and split the stacks up with dividers as you would in a unipolar set up? Employ the same "channeling" idea that Bio showed us in his latest video on his beast dividers. Only instead of carrying 2 separate electrolyte sources the channels were connected to simply carry electrolyte in evenly across all stacks and give the gas a faster way to exit on top. This seems like a way to reduce the restrictions on any electrolyte flow and still keep things nice and cool.

||+nnnnnn-||+nnnnnn-||+nnnnnn-||+nnnnnn-||

If i'm off in left field that is okay, i'm simply trying to find ways to balance the flow of water and then give the gas a quick way out of the reactors.

Pictures are not yet available unless you want a picture of the side of my head where this idea currently resides.

myoldyourgold
10-21-2011, 07:45 PM
||+nnnnnn-||+nnnnnn-||+nnnnnn-||+nnnnnn-||

I have tested something very similar and found that it does make a small improvement but takes to much space and ups the cost of production. It is not worth the small gain which is barely measurable. The most efficient reactor is still one that has no shared electrolyte between cells in a bipolar reactor. In a unipolar reactor it is different and the amount of current leakage is greatly reduced if not eliminated. This is still debated so might also gain by not sharing electrolyte between cells. The closest thing to this is Bio's setup. His at least keeps each group which is like a bipolar cell separate and is one of the most efficient brute force reactors I know about. I hope that helps.

Havens78
10-22-2011, 12:02 AM
Yes, thank you Carter for your feedback.

Right now i have way too many ideas, i think its time to take my CADD dimensions make some mockup cardboard squares and start looking at what is going to fit in my truck. Radiator space is tight so i'll see how it goes in the morning.