PDA

View Full Version : Looking for expert opinions.

6.5TD
10-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Hello All,

Newbie post here, just joined the forum. I have a 1995 GMC Yukon with the 6.5L Turbo Diesel and am considering installing an HHO kit. The key word here being "considering".

I have spent the past few months reading reviews from both sides of the fence, I am also a mechanic by trade so (while certainly no expert) I do understand a bit of the physics behind it all. I am in full agreement with the skeptics that there is no free ride, energy out is always less than energy in. However I am convinced there may be some truth in HHO being able to increase efficiency of the burn, especially on a diesel considering the slower flame front.

Unfortunately the HHO world is full of scammers and spammers and has gained a terribly bad rep, so it's difficult to weed out what may be truth and what is fiction.

So here I am folks, asking the age old question...does this actually work? I've read through some of the testimonials section with varying outcomes, some stating no improvement, others claiming up to 60% (which seems a little fishy to me).

I'd like to hear from people who have installed it on a diesel truck.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Regards,

6.5TD

BioFarmer93
10-11-2011, 10:22 AM
1989 F350 7.3 n/a idi (not powerstroke) 11.5/12mpg to 16mpg @ 5+ lpm.

Darrell
10-11-2011, 10:43 AM
2001 Dodge 5.9L 24 valve cummiuns 18 mpg hwy stock and with 3 lpm of HHO it gets 22.5 on the highway. "D"

myoldyourgold
10-11-2011, 11:23 AM
1984 Mercedes 300SD (retired at over 500,000 miles) got 20 hwy 18 city stock with 3.2 lpm and a lot of other stuff 40 in town and a lot more on the hwy.

You should be able to get a good 20% to 25% gain with just HHO on average. Do not expect my kind of gains because it will not happen. It requires a lot of stuff that some of which will only work on mechanical injected (non computer) diesels. Example: internal pump settings and timing. My Mercedes was set up for long distance hwy driving and was a dog in town but it never was a hot rod.