PDA

View Full Version : Ebay HHO's

WETJEEP
08-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Just want to say that you guys are awsome, I respect all the people who are testing with trial and error with these HHO kits, I only started to learn about these kits this week! I am one to try anything. I own a 03 Impala 3.4V6 and an 08 Jeep wrangler unlimited 3.8L V6. I'm an ebay shopper and I looked at all the kits, my question is, who can I trust to buy from? I would love to just buy a kit and install it. I'm not one for bench testing so I would love to buy a unit. Also is an EFIE really necessary? Thanks

stickittoopec
08-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Welcome to the site WETJEEP.
First piece of advice is to learn more about what is going on. Ask a lot of questions before you buy anything. I spent some time looking at the junk on e-bay and on the net and saw nothing I would consider a good deal. Most of what I saw was way over priced and some of it was downright dangerous. This stuff is in its infancy so before you buy, you really need to do some research so you won't fall for the hype that is out there, and there is a lot of hype. Stay away from large claims like put this HHO unit in your car and get 50% to 100% more mpg. Safety is another thing I see practiced very loosely. Don't be afraid of it just learn to respect it, after all you are dealing with a fuel. With knowledge there is power.

mario brito
08-03-2008, 11:28 AM
welcome :)

as someone said here before, this units need a lot of maintance. if i where you, i would see if someone on this board lives close to you and ask him to build one for you. it will probably be cheaper, and he could help you installing and keeping it in good conditions.

thanks

HomeGrown
08-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Welcome WETJEEP! :)
I've seen some really nice individual plates for sale on ebay, one set in partucular was nice because they were laser/water jet cut, and they cut in 2 tabs on each plate to plug in 2 standard blade-type connectors onto the plate. I thought that was a supurb idea. However, most of the complete units for sale are like buying a pig in a polk. You don't really know what's inside it, or how well it REALLY works. Someone on here was getting an Aquatune (?) system installed on their car this weekend, so I'd watch the forum for feedback on that unit.

EltonBrandd
08-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Just want to say that you guys are awsome, I respect all the people who are testing with trial and error with these HHO kits, I only started to learn about these kits this week! I am one to try anything. I own a 03 Impala 3.4V6 and an 08 Jeep wrangler unlimited 3.8L V6. I'm an ebay shopper and I looked at all the kits, my question is, who can I trust to buy from? I would love to just buy a kit and install it. I'm not one for bench testing so I would love to buy a unit. Also is an EFIE really necessary? Thanks

I have built 3 units now. Each one more successful. I have also spent many hours trolling the net for a good unit at a good price. http://www.hydroreactors.com/index_files/Page396.htm
I ran across this site that appears to be to good to be true. I order one cell by itself,I'm yet to receive it. If it works well, and I'm betting it will, then the way to go would be to buy their complete package. I talked to their tech support on the phone and he was very knowledgeable. Don't buy anything until you have really researched everything. If you cant wait the "Smacks' Booster" is a great starting point. I will post my results when it gets here, from the spec sheet it should awesome.

JonDoh
08-03-2008, 06:20 PM
HEY WETJEEP!!!

I'm an ebay shopper as well!! :D

I bought this unit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150277543518&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=005

I built one similiar to it but then I got lazy & just decided to buy a completed set. Save me time driving everywhere looking for parts that the stores didn't have in stock!! Anyhooooo..... It works great but I'm still tinkering with it in the Q & A thread.

Good to see ya on here!!

shortstack
08-03-2008, 06:47 PM
i wouldn't get one without steel plates, i bout a crappy spiral type one for $90 and it barely made any production, i got the stainless steel plates premade off ebay for $60 made my own container for under $20 and it puts out WAY more
http://i35.tinypic.com/e0qrza.jpg

WETJEEP
08-03-2008, 11:49 PM
So the "POWER TUBE" is no good? I really like the "hydroreactor" a bit pricey? Still don't know what unit to get, Seems like smack's design has most positive review's. Any other good pre-assembled units that are good?

Omega
08-04-2008, 12:10 AM
The Smack's booster gets good reviews and is not too hard to assemble. The instructions are good (you can download them from http://www.smacksboosters.110mb.com/ ).

The parts he uses are readily available, too. It's a good starting point. You can try to reinvent the wheel and have lots of mediocre results or go with a proven design the first time and go from there.

Smith03Jetta
08-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Please don't take me the wrong way because I don't mean to offend anyone.

I guess I've got this all wrong. I thought this was a forum that promoted "Re-inventing the Wheel".

I didn't know it was a support group or a consumer guide for buyers of ebay HHO Devices.

shortstack
08-04-2008, 06:46 PM
I kinda agree what your saying but not every one has tools to make theirs, or they need something to go off of.