PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Ft Lauderdale / Miami Area

TimCollins
10-03-2011, 12:37 AM
Anyone in Ft Lauderdale / Miami Area working on HHO projects?

ultra_efficient
11-09-2011, 04:24 PM
i live in Winter Park, Orlando

pimpo
11-24-2011, 08:09 PM
I am, I travel everyday to Naples from Miami for work reasons and I built a 11 plate drycell 3.5" x 3.5"with PWM, had the volo chip but it was useless to me, in fact worst.I am in need of a EFIE, but have not seen anything convincing regarding what is needed for my car which is a Scion Xb 2004 with a Toyoya 1NZ-FE engine.

6tortured6soul6
11-27-2011, 09:58 PM
Ft Lauderdale here. Just setting up my first kit.

koya1893
11-28-2011, 09:40 PM
I am, I travel everyday to Naples from Miami for work reasons and I built a 11 plate drycell 3.5" x 3.5"with PWM, had the volo chip but it was useless to me, in fact worst.I am in need of a EFIE, but have not seen anything convincing regarding what is needed for my car which is a Scion Xb 2004 with a Toyoya 1NZ-FE engine.

Your Scion needs a wide band for the front sensors (AKA AFR sensors) and try to feed it close to one to one ratio per engine displacement. I installed a system on a tc, I think. Anyway it was a 4 cylinder lots of power and got 30 mpg, after the hho system it was getting 42 mpg. Fooling that ECU is tough, but it can be done.

pimpo
12-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Your Scion needs a wide band for the front sensors (AKA AFR sensors) and try to feed it close to one to one ratio per engine displacement. I installed a system on a tc, I think. Anyway it was a 4 cylinder lots of power and got 30 mpg, after the hho system it was getting 42 mpg. Fooling that ECU is tough, but it can be done.
what is AFR? the sensor in it is a narrow as far as I am concerned, 4 wire ntk

myoldyourgold
12-10-2011, 11:56 PM
what is AFR? the sensor in it is a narrow as far as I am concerned, 4 wire ntk

Starting in about 1999, nearly all Toyota models started using wide band O2 sensors. They are also called Air Fuel Ratio sensors(AFR). The difference is that unlike a narrow band, they can tell exactly how lean or rich the car is running. A narrow band only knows if it is rich or lean not how rich or how lean. They are much more accurate than a narrow band. I put them on vehicles that have only narrow band sensors and use it with a gauge to tune the vehicle. I then remove the sensor and screw in a plug so I can access it again if needed. Your scion already has a wide band o2 sensor and it gives very accurate readings. When using an EFIE you must use one that is made for wide band O2's or it will not work.