PDA

View Full Version : Mentors- Need Opinions

BioFarmer93
08-30-2011, 11:45 AM
Gentlemen,
How do you think it would be accepted if we (the forum) approached a small handful of builder/sellers that actually have potential, with the right way to build and rate their units in return for our not flaming their junk when someone shows up at the door with one of their super-duper-wonder cells guaranteed to make 8lpm at only 15 amps blah, blah, etc..?

I've also been tossing around the idea of an "acquired wisdom" sticky that would be mandatory reading for all noobs that covers all the basic "whats, hows & whys" so they can ask pertinent questions and it wont be like pulling teeth trying to extract the info we need to help them.

Is anyone interested in trying to help me put together something like an x-y chart that could be used to figure (roughly) amps x sq. in. = lpm in a standard format reactor?

myoldyourgold
08-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Gus, would be happy to help but will be limited in the math area. LOL I could contribute based on my research and testing.

BioFarmer93
08-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Gus, would be happy to help but will be limited in the math area. LOL I could contribute based on my research and testing.

Gosh Carter, I don't know... Do you think we can trust documented real world results over mathematical theory? Seems a little sketchy to me my friend, better let me think about that...;):D

BioFarmer93
09-17-2011, 10:50 PM
Bumpity bump, to put it up front-
Guys- I'm serious about the noob cheat sheet for accumulated wisdom here...
Carter is the only person that offered to help and he is up to his butt in testing and documentation for a patent application. If I have to write this all by myself, then any critiquing you slackers do on it better be gentle...:cool:

lhazleton
09-19-2011, 06:17 PM
Quit yer whining Gus.:rolleyes:
Sounds like a really good idea. Beats the hell out of repeating ourselves over & over & over......................

BioFarmer93
09-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Amen brother... I'm getting to where I can type certain phrases in my sleep now.

hhoconnection
09-19-2011, 07:50 PM
I thought I did my part already by making some HHO basics videos. They made them sticky's on the RYFB forum. You are more than welcome to use them here.

BioFarmer93
09-20-2011, 10:01 AM
Absolutely you did- and thank you!

BioFarmer93
09-22-2011, 08:26 AM
OK, it's underway.. I'll PM you guys the roughs of the first part in a day or two...

Stevo
09-22-2011, 08:32 AM
Gentlemen,
How do you think it would be accepted if we (the forum) approached a small handful of builder/sellers that actually have potential, with the right way to build and rate their units in return for our not flaming their junk when someone shows up at the door with one of their super-duper-wonder cells guaranteed to make 8lpm at only 15 amps blah, blah, etc..?

I've also been tossing around the idea of an "acquired wisdom" sticky that would be mandatory reading for all noobs that covers all the basic "whats, hows & whys" so they can ask pertinent questions and it wont be like pulling teeth trying to extract the info we need to help them.

Is anyone interested in trying to help me put together something like an x-y chart that could be used to figure (roughly) amps x sq. in. = lpm in a standard format reactor?

I would like to code up a widget for use as well. Maybe even portable so it could be placed anywhere on the web. I have experience with Google Graphs API and can rock the **** out of some client-side scripting.

BioFarmer93
09-23-2011, 09:41 AM
I would like to code up a widget for use as well. Maybe even portable so it could be placed anywhere on the web. I have experience with Google Graphs API and can rock the **** out of some client-side scripting.

Witing widgets is weally wadical! Wock on widget warrior!
Would this widget address the amps x inches = lpm question, or is there something else in mind for this wemarkable widget??
Oh, Stevo- if you want to be included in the editors list, PM me your email addy and I'll send you what we have so far..