PDA

View Full Version : Excessive frothing

Jamesleaper
08-23-2011, 04:11 PM
I had so much white froth coming through the bubbler i had to turned it off, why do i get this and how do i stop it?

i am now using it with residue from the last batch and probaby 99% water, there is a steady slow trickle of bubbles, what the flow per minute, not yet tested. cheers jim

cpaiin
09-02-2011, 01:33 AM
What is your electrolyte? (ex: KOH, Baking soda, salt) Do you use distilled water or tap water?
These are the two things that would seem to be the biggest (if not the only) factors.
(But I'm not as knowledgeable as many of the others on here)
If you want to stop the excessive froth, I would recommend using KOH (Potassium Hydroxide) and distilled water. Whatever you're using could have a 'soapy' effect, creating lots of small bubbles.
Another thing to try is a duel bubbler. This can many times removes the excess froth.
One more thing (that I've never tried, but would work in theory) is putting some sort of cloth in some area of the hose or in the bottom of the bubbler. This may help trap the debris, keeping the froth from forming. This last fix may be the most difficult because it can't be too thick or too thin. Too thick, and it will block the HHO flow, putting too much pressure on your system. Too thin, and it may not help much. Like I said, it seems it would work in theory, but I've never really tried.
Personally, I finally broke down and bought a nice bubbler online: http://www.amazon.com/Custom-Hydrogen-Generator-Bubbler-Fittings/dp/B004W0DFF6/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1314941528&sr=8-6
Seems to work well, and has a sort of filter on the bottom, like I was just talking about.
I've never really had a frothing problem, but I've only used KOH and distilled water. Try that fix first.
Hope this helps!