PDA

View Full Version : Relay deosnt close

Jamesleaper
08-21-2011, 02:38 AM
Ok wired the thing all up, again, and the relay worked, then i put the load on, (cell leads), and it will not close the contacts on relay. Changed the power source from rear window demister to cigerat lighter and changed relay still no joy. Not blowing a fuse, amps-no reading, mixture 50grams to 1 litre of distilled water, any ideas would be appreciated. I was wondering if it may be an earth, were should i earth is battery good enough or do i need to go through chasis as well. thanks jim

mrbluemoose
08-22-2011, 12:50 AM
Make sure your relay is grounded

jerrymc777
08-22-2011, 11:04 AM
Ok wired the thing all up, again, and the relay worked, then i put the load on, (cell leads), and it will not close the contacts on relay. Changed the power source from rear window demister to cigerat lighter and changed relay still no joy. Not blowing a fuse, amps-no reading, mixture 50grams to 1 litre of distilled water, any ideas would be appreciated. I was wondering if it may be an earth, were should i earth is battery good enough or do i need to go through chasis as well. thanks jim

Not sure how you have it wired but here's an HHO wiring diagram that's helped me out...

Correction: I think the 30~40A fuse should be between the + side of battery and the 87 connection of relay, since this of where the large current flows through the PWM and cell.

http://www.hhoforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1936&d=1314025455

Jamesleaper
08-22-2011, 02:08 PM
ive got it going, but god talk about reaction, the froth almost went into the intake. I havent got a pwm fitted, so i gues i will have to water the solution down. Just wondered if anyone could recomend a good amp meter. my one doesnt measure high enough. thanks jim

jerrymc777
08-22-2011, 05:53 PM
ive got it going, but god talk about reaction, the froth almost went into the intake. I havent got a pwm fitted, so i gues i will have to water the solution down. Just wondered if anyone could recomend a good amp meter. my one doesnt measure high enough. thanks jim

I bought one a couple years ago (50A Blue LCD Digital) from Ebay. It works great!
I got mine from Hong Kong, but you can get them in the US for less than $15 now.

Here's a bunch....
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=50a+12v+amp+meter&_sacat=0&_odkw=50a+12v+ampmeter&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313