PDA

View Full Version : Best way to seal power and tube holes

overtaker
08-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Please share your best methods of preventing leaks in the top of your generators around the power and gas outlet holes. Thanks.

Omega
08-02-2008, 06:31 PM
I've been using Loctite Silicone Sealer Adhesive. It works well.

I would like to use rubber washers, but haven't been able to find any locally. On the threaded top of my bubbler, I use teflon tape to seal the threads.

The destination of your HHO has a bearing on how well sealed your generator should be. If you are sending HHO to the air intake, sealing it isn't as critical as it is if you send the HHO to a vacuum line.

If you use a vacuum hookup, any little tiny leak will cause all kinds of problems, most of which entail your motor chug-a-lugging some bubbler water or electrolyte:eek:. That's why I don't use a vacuum line anymore; too many hassles.

justaguy
08-02-2008, 10:08 PM
The blue gasket sealer works good too. You can get it ay any auto parts store.

JonDoh
08-03-2008, 05:51 AM
^^^ NO NO!!!!

That stuff sucks and the red high temp stuff too!!
any kinda of oil, water, debri... it won't completely seal

and

when some good heated water hits it... bamm... leaks like a water bed with needles in it!!

Yea.... that was my experience with that stuff... UGH!!!

Smith03Jetta
08-03-2008, 08:35 AM
Best stuff I've found so far for sealing is a simple used inner tube. Any tire shop in the world will give you one for free. Take the rubber inner tube and some scissors and cut some gaskets. Works like a champ. And the best part, it's free.