PDA

View Full Version : My second Generator

ICEMAN.KCMO
08-02-2008, 10:47 AM
ok, so I did the water 4 gas design for my first one..(i didn't pay for it....) it made little hho... I stepped it up

I just finished with my 6 plate design. It is in a home depot electrical box 6x6x4.5... My plate size is an exact fit in that.... it is pretty tight. I have it set up like this

...1/16 3/8 1/16 3/8 1/16
+......N.....N.......N....N........-

Those are the spacing here.

the container holds a 1/2 gallon... I use 2 teaspoons of lye and after it was warm.... It blew my 25 amp circut breaker and was puting out around .8LPM.

I dumped out the water and started over... I did 3/4 of a teaspoon of lye and output was as bad as the W4G setup with baking soda...

Any suggestions on how to get more output? I was thinking putting 2 more neutral plates and reducing the spacing from 3/8 to around 1/4????

dennis13030
08-02-2008, 11:16 AM
If you have more room to put more plates
Try this configuration +NNN-NNN+......this is a smackbooster design

If you DO NOT have more room to put more plates
Try this configuration +NNN-

ICEMAN.KCMO
08-02-2008, 12:01 PM
so i should keep spacing even? I dont have enough room for to run a strap from + to +... Should i not run 4 Neutral plate?

I was kinda going off the Plumabob design "kinda." Where you have the netural plates connected and spaced apart and the ones not connected close together....

here are some pics of it

The measurments are 5 1/2x4 inch 16gauge 304 ss

ALSO.... What is the right mixture ratio of Lye and water????? This I NEED to know

ICEMAN.KCMO
08-02-2008, 02:09 PM
Also, a friend of mine at wor, bought a kit off ebay. PVC tube 12x4 with 316 washers and threaded rod and was using baking soda.... He was putting out 1lpm... Just washers on the threaded rod stacked staggerd...... 1lpm with baking soda!

dennis13030
08-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Q1. So i should keep spacing even?
A1. I would keep spacing even. However, even spacing is not too critical.

Q2. I dont have enough room for to run a strap from + to +... Should i not run 4 Neutral plate?
A2. I think 3 neutral plates will work better for you.

Q3. I was kinda going off the Plumabob design "kinda." Where you have the netural plates connected and spaced apart and the ones not connected close together....
A3. Spacing is not too critical but it is what I would do.

Q4. What is the right mixture ratio of Lye and water????? This I NEED to know.
A4. Potassium Hydroxide(KOH) is better. Hmmm...mixture ratio? I would start with very little Lye(maybe a teaspoon of Lye per gallon of water). Watch the current and the temperature while adding small amounts of Lye. Stop when you consider either the current or the temperature to be too high. Make sure that the Lye is very well mixed with the water.

ICEMAN.KCMO
08-02-2008, 06:09 PM
where can i get Potassium Hydroxide?

Omega
08-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Here's one place: http://www.snowdriftfarm.com/dry.html

ICEMAN.KCMO
08-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Is there a local store I can buy it from? Is it used in pool cleaning at all? if so, i can go to the local pool store and pick some up.

EltonBrandd
08-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Is there a local store I can buy it from? Is it used in pool cleaning at all? if so, i can go to the local pool store and pick some up.

You wont find potassium hydroxide at a pool store, or anywhere else except on line. Sodium Hydroxide is a lot easier to find locally, some drain cleaners are 99% (NaOH). There is virtually no difference in the performance between the two, except NaOH is much easier to find.

ICEMAN.KCMO
08-03-2008, 12:01 PM
ok, I have used 1 1/2 teaspoons of lye for my 1/2 gallon mux. so far it has been running for over 2 hrs and the temp is around 155F and I have a 15 amp fues in it and it hasn't blown. It did blow a 10 am fues an hour in to it.

So 2 1/2 hrs and 155F and under 15 amps....

The output looks like it was the other day around .8lpm.... or it could be more... it is doing great.... This is still the same design as the one in the pictures

ICEMAN.KCMO
08-06-2008, 12:52 PM
UPDATE... So I added 2 more neutral plates and i am getting 1lpm.....

Also... I was thinking. .. you guys have talked a little about the bubbles sticking to the plate....

Vibration!!! Before, it would fill it up a 591ml bottle in 54 sec all the way full..... after I started the car and set my box on the car.. (also my car has solid engine mounts) it would fill up the bottle in 42 sec..... very neat!

Westcoastrocks
08-06-2008, 04:15 PM
If you have more room to put more plates
Try this configuration +NNN-NNN+......this is a smackbooster design

If you DO NOT have more room to put more plates
Try this configuration +NNN-

I first had my cell set up like this < +NNN-NNN+NNN-NNN+>

It produced a fair amount of HHO Next i tried removing some neutral plates like this : < +NN-NN+NN-NN+>

This set-up produced even more. Finally I did something and the results shocked me. i too my last set up with 3 Positive 2 Negative and 8 neutral Plates and reversed the connections. So Now I have more Negative plates then positive. This produced way more then have more positive plate. I don't know why but I tested it and i'd say it produced about 45% more HHO this way. Anyways my 2 cents.

liberybell
08-06-2008, 04:58 PM
I first had my cell set up like this < +NNN-NNN+NNN-NNN+>

It produced a fair amount of HHO Next i tried removing some neutral plates like this : < +NN-NN+NN-NN+>

This set-up produced even more. Finally I did something and the results shocked me. i too my last set up with 3 Positive 2 Negative and 8 neutral Plates and reversed the connections. So Now I have more Negative plates then positive. This produced way more then have more positive plate. I don't know why but I tested it and i'd say it produced about 45% more HHO this way. Anyways my 2 cents.

I am in the process of building a similar setup but with two sets of plates: <-NN+NN-> <-NN+NN->
Your post is giving me a lot of hopes. My current generator (which I did not build myself) is only yielding 0.34 LPM. Which for a 6.5L diesel engine is not near enough, but it has actually clean my valves and improve the compression in the chambers just in less than a month that I had it running. And it gave me the impression that I am getting better MPGs but I think is because I installed a new set of tires and I went down from 301 to 285 in tire size.
I can't wait to get this new generator installed.
By the way, what amount of baking soda or lye you use?

Westcoastrocks
08-06-2008, 11:10 PM
I am testing that out now. i can make it produce HHo like crazy with a lot of Baking soda, but it tends to overheat. So i am trying to find a happy medium. It seems that going more then 2 tbl spoons per gallon is too much for my cell to handle.

ICEMAN.KCMO
08-07-2008, 12:23 AM
i am using about 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon per half gallon...