PDA

View Full Version : Hho gas

giga pipe
08-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Everyday i say i need one more day. My wife is going to kill me..
I kinda want to prove that HHO works. Good thing i commute to work.

I installed everything and added the KOH into the resevior with distill water.

My question is i have two outputs for hho gas. One i was told to penetrate the lower side of the air intake, close to engine as possible. Would it work the same if i loosen the air intake and squeeze in a hose?

For the other hose the manufacture said for my application it doesn't do anything. But the instructions it was saying it goes into the pcv valve.

Does everyone use one HHO output to their engine?

I have a 2001 Lexus RX300 V6

BioFarmer93
08-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Everyday i say i need one more day. My wife is going to kill me..
I kinda want to prove that HHO works. Good thing i commute to work.

I installed everything and added the KOH into the resevior with distill water.

My question is i have two outputs for hho gas. One i was told to penetrate the lower side of the air intake, close to engine as possible. Would it work the same if i loosen the air intake and squeeze in a hose?

For the other hose the manufacture said for my application it doesn't do anything. But the instructions it was saying it goes into the pcv valve.

Does everyone use one HHO output to their engine?

I have a 2001 Lexus RX300 V6

Giga,
Skip the hose to the PCV valve. "Y" or "T" the two output hoses together, then run one hose to the air intake box, outside the filter. This lets the filter element deal with any electrolyte that may make it past your bubbler.

myoldyourgold
08-02-2011, 08:36 PM
What type of system did you buy. Can you tell us something about it. Their web site would be good. You might have something that will never give you any gains or you might be able to make changes to it to help you get some gain. Either way we would like to help to make sure your wife dosen't kill you or worse if you get my drift!!

nst6563
08-02-2011, 10:12 PM
The more details you post, the more and better feedback you'll get. I learned that very fast here.

I've already been there and gone through the wife-threats. Mostly from putting a pulsejet on the kid's powerwheels four wheeler. She saw progress on the hho and deals with it :D

BioFarmer93
08-02-2011, 10:36 PM
I've already been there and gone through the wife-threats. Mostly from putting a pulsejet on the kid's powerwheels four wheeler. :D

A pulsejet!! COOL! I always just wanted my dad to trade the runabout for an airboat, or at least put a prop on a 5hp Briggs & Stratton on a go-kart for me, but nooooooooooo... LOL!

nst6563
08-02-2011, 11:11 PM
I worked hard on it too...and I still don't hear the end of it to this day LOL

It wasn't a large pulsejet, only about 3ft long...1 on each side of the rear of the 4wheeler. More for show than anything. Didn't produce much thrust being as small as they were.

giga pipe
08-03-2011, 12:15 AM
i got my kit from hydo club usa. i don't have any compliments so far. We email each other back and forth and answers all my questions. but you guys are pro's

I bought a 9 plate cell with the chip.

As of now I'm just re-wiring, adding a relay, and then hoping to put back all the pieces in my car. Still don't know where to put the digital amp meter.

with the hose, are you saying to penetrate the top side of the filter (my filter is at the bottom)? or should i penetrate the rubber side?

i found a pic online of my engine. ill try to take a better pics with angles tomorrow.

BioFarmer93
08-03-2011, 09:13 AM
It's difficult to understand what you mean by the top side or the rubber side:confused: So I'm going to say the "yet to be filtered side"

giga pipe
08-03-2011, 09:24 AM
It's difficult to understand what you mean by the top side or the rubber side:confused: So I'm going to say the "yet to be filtered side"

so before the filter.. right?

BioFarmer93
08-03-2011, 12:11 PM
so before the filter.. right?

Correct. This lets the filter catch any KOH residue

giga pipe
08-03-2011, 06:18 PM
That's a good idea. Thanks!

Out of curiosity what would happen if koh goes inside the engine?

I know every car is different. What kind of connector do you recommend to put in the bottom of the air filter?
Thanks again!

nst6563
08-03-2011, 06:22 PM

Reference this post. It will give you a good idea of it.

http://www.hhoforums.com/showpost.php?p=45546&postcount=9

giga pipe
08-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Ouch! What did u do to clean it?

BioFarmer93
08-03-2011, 07:02 PM
That's a good idea. Thanks!

I know every car is different. What kind of connector do you recommend to put in the bottom of the air filter?
Thanks again!

KOH eats aluminum like I eat key lime pie..:D But we design for the cumulative effects and worst case scenarios. Most of the danger is to aluminum intake components- throttle body, manifold. The risk to pistons and heads is virtually nil unless some bizarre sequence of events sends a big slurp of electrolyte into the intake air. This is a good argument for designing reactors that run cool and building tall bubblers with turbulators.

I like simple, so I would just drill a hole of the appropriate diameter (plastic air filter box, right?) to accept the threads of a barbed fitting that fit my hose.

lhazleton
08-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Ouch! What did u do to clean it?

When KOH gets to aluminum, there's no "cleaning" involved. The photo NST linked to was my MAF sensor. I had to throw it out & buy a new one (over $100). It also did the same, but not nearly as bad, to my throttle body.

Also, since you're new here, be sure to wire everything so the reactor will not run if the engine isn't running!!! Here's my old intake manifold after forgetting to turn the reactor power switch off for a few moments & then restarting.:D

giga pipe
08-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Yea I'm hooking it up to a relay and a switch just incase. I can't wait to get started. Currently I get 12 city and 22hwy average. I'm hoping to double my MPG. I'm wondering if my 9 plate cell can do it for my 2001 rx300 v6 3.0 L engine.

BioFarmer93
08-03-2011, 10:45 PM
when koh gets to aluminum, there's no "cleaning" involved. The photo nst linked to was my maf sensor. I had to throw it out & buy a new one (over $100). It also did the same, but not nearly as bad, to my throttle body.

Also, since you're new here, be sure to wire everything so the reactor will not run if the engine isn't running!!! Here's my old intake manifold after forgetting to turn the reactor power switch off for a few moments & then restarting.:d

beeg kaboomski, da!

giga pipe
08-04-2011, 04:29 PM
If i have a 3qt resevior. How much water and Koh do you recommend me putting? What is the ideal current I should be getting?

nst6563
08-04-2011, 04:55 PM
If i have a 3qt resevior. How much water and Koh do you recommend me putting? What is the ideal current I should be getting?

Lets see how rusty and incorrect my math is...
A common mixture of KOH is 28% by weight. You have a 3QT reservoir which is .75gallons. 1 gallon of water is roughly 8.3lbs.
8.3lbs * .75 = 6.225lbs
6.225lbs * .28 = 1.75lbs of KOH

Keep in mind that the KOH will displace some of the water, so you'll need to re-work the numbers a bit in order to come up with what you'll need to fit in your reservoir.

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong :)

You can get a rough number of amps by calculating the common .5A per sqr inch of active plate area. If your plates are blasted, you may be able to handle more - but this is the fun of the experimentation ;)

giga pipe
08-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Just to confirm. Its safer to put the hho before the airintake so it can collect koh particles. Right? What about the map sensor. Would that be affected? I told my friend that my sensor would take care if that. But I'm not 100% positive

nst6563
08-06-2011, 03:11 PM
To filter out remaining KOH/NaOH your rough diagram would look similar to:

hho input -> airbox -> air filter -> MAF -> engine

Inject the hho into the airbox so that it must pass through the airfilter.

myoldyourgold
08-06-2011, 04:24 PM
In some cases results are much better by injecting after the MAF/MAP and as close to the throttle body as possible. When you do this you can build your own dry little filter using a motor cycle/moped air filter. Some of the dry paper filters only cost $3 to $5 and will fit in a pvc pipe. I will see if I can find a picture of one I built. The filter lasts a long time as long as you have a good bubbler.

giga pipe
08-09-2011, 12:21 AM
can i buy that piece from auto zone?

giga pipe
08-09-2011, 12:56 PM
so i installed everything.. but now i'm just getting 0.5 - 1.2Amps. Should i put more KOH?

BioFarmer93
08-09-2011, 07:20 PM
so i installed everything.. but now i'm just getting 0.5 - 1.2Amps. Should i put more KOH?

Giga,
I don't recall you stating how much you used to begin with.. 28% by weight is the recognized standard.

giga pipe
08-09-2011, 07:28 PM
I put 1 quart, and I added 2 plastic table spoons (the wide one). I admit I was really nervous. My car is like my baby. I'm still making payments. As an engineer perspective I'm confident that its going to work. I'll post some pics by tonight. Just incase I'm doing something wrong.

BioFarmer93
08-09-2011, 07:55 PM
I put 1 quart, and I added 2 plastic table spoons (the wide one). I admit I was really nervous. My car is like my baby. I'm still making payments. As an engineer perspective I'm confident that its going to work. I'll post some pics by tonight. Just invade I'm doing something wrong.

LOL! no wonder! A quart of water receives about half a pound of KOH...
The KOH electrolyte standard solution is 28% by weight. Easier way (maybe) get a big plastic American/metric measuring cup, put in 720ml of distilled water, now add 280grams (10 oz.) of KOH flakes, crystals, whatever.. Bingo bango, stir it up pour it in.;):D

giga pipe
08-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Oh man. I wonder why the Guy told me just to add 2 table spoons.

BioFarmer93
08-09-2011, 10:54 PM
Oh man. I wonder why the Guy told me just to add 2 table spoons.

The person/business you bought it from??? OK, wait a minute- describe plate size, number of power plates & neutrals and layout, you know, like +nnnnn-nnnnn+ or whatever..

giga pipe
08-09-2011, 11:07 PM
all i know its a 9 plate cell.. I haven't designed one but i'll ask.. These are things I should know about my cell..

giga pipe
08-09-2011, 11:22 PM
These are pics how I hooked the hho output.. As of now I placed a "T" directly into my intake.

I'm just hoping I made the right hole.

BioFarmer93
08-09-2011, 11:42 PM
Yeah, I hope you made the right hole also, because I couldn't tell what the hell I was looking at in any of those photo's, sorry. You might try backing out a little, at least enough to see where the hose is going to. I don't mean to be over critical, but not being familiar with your particular engine and underhood layout makes it difficult to tell what I'm seeing.

OK, bedtime, catch you tomorrow.....................................

giga pipe
08-10-2011, 01:00 AM
I should have explained what I have done.
I connected the hho output into the air intake, after the maf sensor.
The hole is on the bottom side, connected into the hole is a elbow. This is where I am feeding the hho into the engine.
This is where it get technical for me.
when I look into the air filter it looks like its spliting into 3 directions.
2 in the back and one in the front of the engine.

jerrymc777
08-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Been reading this forum for quite a while and am now trying to do my own install on my 2000 Camry 2.2L 4cyl engine in CA.

My question is: Where would be the best location to place my HHO output to my intake? I've included a picture with arrows/numbers, but I've always read that the best location is closest to the manifold. As you can see in my picture, there are many hoses and ports to the manifold.

I will be using KOH with distilled water, reservoir/bubbler, flashback arrestor, vaporizer/filter, and a 26 4"x5" plate
-NNNN+NNNN-NNNN+NNNN-NNNN+ design.

In 2008 I've messed around with some cheap HHO wet cells and wasn't too impressed, but now that I see the dry cell is the way to go, it's getting exciting again!

Thanks guys/gals for the help!:D

myoldyourgold
08-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Been reading this forum for quite a while and am now trying to do my own install on my 2000 Camry 2.2L 4cyl engine in CA.

My question is: Where would be the best location to place my HHO output to my intake? I've included a picture with arrows/numbers, but I've always read that the best location is closest to the manifold. As you can see in my picture, there are many hoses and ports to the manifold.

I will be using KOH with distilled water, reservoir/bubbler, flashback arrestor, vaporizer/filter, and a 26 4"x5" plate
-NNNN+NNNN-NNNN+NNNN-NNNN+ design.

In 2008 I've messed around with some cheap HHO wet cells and wasn't too impressed, but now that I see the dry cell is the way to go, it's getting exciting again!

I suggest you start a separate thread because this will get quite involved.

To start with I would change your configuration. You will have way to much heat and flow problems. You only need to make 1 to 1.5 lpm and making more will just give you worse mileage. Go to a -nnnnn+nnnnn-. If you need more which you will not for this engine you can build another one and run it in parallel each producing 600 mlpm and very efficiently.

Next do not use 2, 3, 4, 6, or7 in your picture for injecting the HHO. 1 is the safest and number 5 is unknown to me and would want to check that out. Is it a vacuum line? I can not tell what it is connected to at that end in the picture. It could be a possibility but only if you have very clean HHO and if it is connected just after the throttle body. There is a lot more but you need to put this in a separate thread.

jerrymc777
08-11-2011, 12:06 PM
OK...I just found the "New Thread" button, but how do I move this thread to another forum? Should I just delete it and start over?
I'm so used to seeing the "Forums" option at the top of each page like other sites have.
Thanks!

myoldyourgold
08-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Just start a new thread no need to delete.

giga pipe
08-15-2011, 11:20 PM
I just finished my installing my kit. I only drove about 20 min. Total I have 15A, it feels i have more power, but I didn't see any change on the MPG. I was wondering if I have to drive around and reset my volo chip every now and then?

Thanks for your help.. :D

giga pipe
10-10-2011, 03:36 PM
i installed the hho kit in my car. i honestly have not seen any drastic mpg change.

I'm starting to notice my rpm at cold start goes to 6000, which is pretty weird. At first i thought it was the volo chip lowering my rpm's.

I thought HHO was to help and improve my car's performance?
I'm getting worried that hho is doing the opposite.