PDA

View Full Version : New Design

absoluteanc
07-28-2011, 11:01 AM
Hi I am working on a new design and would rather spend more time on the drawing board than shop time in 105 degree heat. The new idea is to use only 7 cell only and increase the size to 9 x 9 active area, it will be bigger but narrow and will handle more amps. My current configuration is -nnnnnn+nnnnnn-. The only real data available to me is my own results.

Results of current generator:

30 plates between two generators running 7 cell parallel (15 plate)
450 sq in total (4" x 3.75 active area) 15 sq in x 30
Produced 800ml @ (15 Amps) (13.8 Volts)

New Idea

9x9 7 cell 81 sq in x 8 = 648 sq in
Should handle 40 amps
Should produce 1.15 Lpm @ 15 Amps??? Based on first generator results

Does anyone see a problem in the math. Everyone's calculations are different and confidential but would appreciate any feedback.

First gen was kind of disappointing, the rule I found for the math was 6.27ml per sq in. But that is not my reality (1.77ml per sq in) and am figuring one side of each cell for my math. Neutral plates help with heat control, but I question the math of the production of these plates.

myoldyourgold
07-28-2011, 05:11 PM
Hi I am working on a new design and would rather spend more time on the drawing board than shop time in 105 degree heat. The new idea is to use only 7 cell only and increase the size to 9 x 9 active area, it will be bigger but narrow and will handle more amps. My current configuration is -nnnnnn+nnnnnn-. The only real data available to me is my own results.

Results of current generator:

30 plates between two generators running 7 cell parallel (15 plate)
450 sq in total (4" x 3.75 active area) 15 sq in x 30
Produced 800ml @ (15 Amps) (13.8 Volts)

New Idea

9x9 7 cell 81 sq in x 8 = 648 sq in
Should handle 40 amps
Should produce 1.15 Lpm @ 15 Amps??? Based on first generator results

Does anyone see a problem in the math. Everyone's calculations are different and confidential but would appreciate any feedback.

First gen was kind of disappointing, the rule I found for the math was 6.27ml per sq in. But that is not my reality (1.77ml per sq in) and am figuring one side of each cell for my math. Neutral plates help with heat control, but I question the math of the production of these plates.

Your math is fine but what is happening is not. 15 amps and a given voltage is only going to give x amount of gas with very little change with an increase in active area. Heat will go down some and the reactor will be slightly more efficient but will not go from 800 mlpm to 1.5 lpm without increasing the amperage or using some other method or source of energy. It is called Faraday's Law. Your major benefit will be small because of the loss of heat but if the reactor was efficient to begin with the numbers will not change much at all. You need to look at the reactor design and see if you can improve it by insulating the ports, staggering the input port, getting the right distance between the plates, good connections and so on. You should be able to increase the output by a couple 100 ml buy just making everything as efficient as possible and no leaks.

By the way at 15 amps 13.8 volts 15 sq in of active area running at 120ยบ F according to Faraday should make about just under 1.3 LPM at 100% efficiency which is a 6.25 MMW. There could be a difference depending on Barometric Pressure. Your reactor is running at 3.86 MMW which is not all that bad but you should be able to get it up in the 4's or higher for sure.

absoluteanc
07-28-2011, 07:16 PM
The new cell will be improved with staggered holes on the bottom and media blasting. The new bigger thinner design will hopefully serve two purposes. First would be to cut the shop time considerably due to the 8 plates needed to be machined. Hopefully it works, if not I will need 7 more plates to run the same configuration I currently run. The new 9 x 9 plate will allow 40 amps if needed. From my understanding the .5 amps per sq in is for the electrode plate size only?

Currently, I cannot go much over 15 amps due to plate size of the original unit. Which is better many smaller generators or one big one? Your point on the increase of amps for more production is definitely the output problem. I understand to make sure all connections are air tight and built correctly.

My original generator will be installed on a Volvo 240 since the 800ml per min is perfect for that car. I am building generators for my full size truck 5.2L and two different Mercedes 3.0L. The thinner design would allow a better location point to install the units because it will not be so bulky.

The first unit did make a difference on the 5.2L truck, it was just a little amount a catalyst buy yielded results after 8,000 miles was 12.5 without/ 15.9 with HHO.

BioFarmer93
07-28-2011, 11:46 PM
Those wouldn't be 300D's or 300TD's would they??:D

absoluteanc
07-29-2011, 10:57 AM
I wish, one is my 300e and the other is my girlfriends 190e 2.6. Both are great cars mine is 25 years old and runs better than a newer car. Great toys for the car enthusiast.

BioFarmer93
07-29-2011, 12:09 PM
I know what you mean, my '82 300D starts and runs like it just rolled off of the showroom floor...

myoldyourgold
07-29-2011, 02:34 PM
My 84 300SD just got retired this week. Close to 600 K and still the engine is strong and running gear all in good shape. It has been in the frozen north outside in the snow for a number of years and even though it has no rust the paint is gone and there is a lot of little stuff that is beginning to go wrong that will only get fixed when I have time. Heater and AC both have problems and vacuum controlled things are slowly beginning to stop working because of leaks. I am to busy at the moment so am just going to use the old girl as a test bench for the moment until I can spend the time to fix her back up. Just put her in non use and set her beside my 76 450.

BioFarmer93
07-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Yes, I think that would be my only real complaint about the '82- vacuum hoses and diaphragms lose their flexibility, become brittle and break... Rarely is the leak easy to find. Mine has relatively low mileage, only 230,000 to 240,000 miles. The odometer quit working at 228,000.