PDA

View Full Version : Temperature control of HHO unit????

g.avinash206
07-26-2011, 09:07 AM
Hello sir, i have connected my hho unit to my bus, the unit is working and the bubbles are emitting there by the emission of hydrogen gas takes place but the only thing is my engines temperature is going upto 100degree centigrades which results in the reduction of the life of the engine so can you help me out from this...., what are the measures that i should take for having less temp at my engine even when it is connected to HHO unit.

BioFarmer93
07-26-2011, 01:58 PM
g.avinash206,
Please inform us of your engine type (gas/diesel) and year, also where you have ported the HHO to on your engine. Have you placed your reactor in front of the radiator by any chance? It is very unusual for HHO to raise an engines temperature enough to notice on a gauge. Have you perhaps drawn electricity for a relay from the same circuit as your temperature gauge?

g.avinash206
07-27-2011, 02:17 AM
Thank you sir, for your reply.....my engine type is diesel engine & year is 2003 model company of my bus is Ashok Leyland, i have ported it in the drivers cabin and the gas pipe is connected to the manifold of the engine....and onething when the temperature is increased we are switch-offing the hho unit and after that the temp of the engine is becoming normal...can u help me out?

BioFarmer93
07-27-2011, 09:26 AM
g.avinash206,
A couple of things come to mind, first a possible disparity between sensors, as you are porting to the manifold rather than air intake. I believe your engine is turbocharged, yes? Perhaps you could move the hose to the air intake/filter box as an experiment to ascertain whether the pre- and post sensors are causing your engines computer to unnecessarily over-fuel (which causes heat rise in diesels). Have you noticed during these overheating episodes an increase in black exhaust smoke?

g.avinash206
08-18-2011, 06:52 AM
I have adjusted the connections as you said i.e, to air intake, but the problem is same of over heating..please help me out sir.

BioFarmer93
08-18-2011, 09:22 AM
g. avinash206,
I have never experienced a temperature rise on my diesel while using HHO, let alone an overheating issue. Your's is the first report of this I have heard of. Although I'm not familiar with Ashok-Leyland, I do know that 100C is a typical temperature for many different diesels to run at and not at all uncommon.
You never did answer my questions concerning electrical supply and smoke, if you could be a bit more forthcoming it might help, also a photo or two.
I can offer two methods to reduce the operating temperature, first, go to a lower temperature thermostat, they are manufactured in several different heat ranges. Second, install a water injection system, not only will it lower your EGT's but it will also increase horse power and slightly increase milage.

One thing that does come to mind is the cooling fan(s) on your radiator, is your reactor pulling its current from that circuit, perhaps causing the fans to run at reduced speed?