PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Convert A Chevy 5.7L??

tcr1016
07-23-2011, 03:36 PM
I just bought a GMC Van with 130,000 miles on it. I have seen on YouTube that they converted a 5.7L and doubled the mileage. Of course that was a company trying to sell KITS. A Bit Biased!!

If you have converted a 5.7L to HHO, What number of cells are you using?? And MOST importantly, what increase of mileage are you getting??

koya1893
07-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Most of the 5.7 I've worked with have the TBI. I would be careful believing someone claiming doubling their mileage, unless you are using a FIC or a AFC to control all the parameters the ECU uses to determined the AFR.

I am not sure what kind of mileage these trucks were getting before I installed a system, but they are reporting 16-18 city driving. One specially an elderly man all of his driving are in town.

You need to treat the Oxygen sensor with a digital model, if I am not mistaken you have a single wire O2. Another thing to consider is make sure you have an efficient cell or cells that produce 2-3LPM and make sure you have at the min a 1.5gl reservoir to keep your system cool. Look into remote system, your GMC does not have much room in front of the grill, you need to fabricate brackets so the cell is in front of th bumper an just under the rad. The cell I built for the 1994 are 3" X 5.5" and used four of them.

tcr1016
07-24-2011, 07:16 PM
What Does The Below Mean:
TBI
FIC
AFC to control all the parameters the ECU uses to determined the AFR.

koya1893
07-25-2011, 08:59 AM
What Does The Below Mean:

TBI= Throttle Body Injection. Meaning it looks like a carborator but with two or four injectors shooting fuel in to the intake manifold

FIC= Fuel Injector controller, this particular.

AFC to control all the parameters the ECU uses to determined the AFR. = AFC if part of Apex an older version of the FIC. both FIC and AFC allows you to controll the TPS, IAT, MAF/MAP, O2, and the AFR. Those are the key data the ECU reads to determined the proper AFR. If any of these Acronym are confuse, maybe you need to look into them so you can relate when someone answer your question.