PDA

View Full Version : VAWT - Vertical Axis Wind Turbine

Jedomi
07-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Gentlemen,

It has become apparent to me that the process of Electrolysis is inefficient due to the simple fact that energy !< energy out i.e The amount of energy input into the process is not less than the output. Because of this i am not interested in finding other ways of getting input for the process.

Long story short, i am directing my attention to wind energy and how i can utilize it to first power my house, and then hopefully a reactor.

I am posting this to inquire as to if anyone else on these forums has any experience on the topic, or knows of where i can get detailed documents on the creation, maintenance and expansion of VAWT technology.

Don't mean to stir interest away from the reason this forum was made, but i thought it would be a good place to get ideas.

Sincerely,
Jeremy

BioFarmer93
07-18-2011, 02:25 PM
VAWT's are fun to look at and come in many different flavors, but as a serious energy harvester they just can't compete with a HAWT. That's not currently even open for debate, but having said that, do as you will. The best site on the web for all things home-brewed in wind power is Otherpower.com. Just like here, do a LOT of reading in older threads before you ask any questions, or you will be sliced and diced. There is actually a newb section there that they recommend you start at.:D