PDA

View Full Version : ideal amprage?

dieferbiefer
07-18-2011, 03:22 AM
I know anything above 2.2 volts across each plate is a wast of power, does the same go for amps? If so how many amps should I have between each plate? Do the amps devide by the number of nutral plates like volts will? Thanks.

D.O.G
07-18-2011, 05:02 AM
I know anything above 2.2 volts across each plate is a wast of power, does the same go for amps? If so how many amps should I have between each plate? Do the amps devide by the number of nutral plates like volts will? Thanks.

You don't seem to understand the basics, hence the stupid questions.

The current will be equal through all cells of a series reactor, it's not divided between the number of plates.

If you want to know why, read, read, read.:rolleyes:

Then read some more.

hhoconnection
07-18-2011, 10:18 AM
You don't seem to understand the basics, hence the stupid questions.

The current will be equal through all cells of a series reactor, it's not divided between the number of plates.

If you want to know why, read, read, read.:rolleyes:

Then read some more.

DOG - This may seem like a stupid question to you, but there is no need to be rude! Trust me, I get tired of answering seemingly simple questions, but I don't berate somebody for asking. This board is to help people, not to make them feel stupid! Got it?

dieferbiefer - I don't know that there is a "ideal" amperage for any given cell but there is a way to determine the "maximum" amount of amps to run it at. But, even that varies depending on who you talk to. I was told by some very smart guys that the way to determine the maximum amperage of a cell is to first determine the total amount of exposed plate surface (in square inches) in each stack, and multiply that by 0.5 amps. The number you multiply varies depending on who you talk to, I've heard from 0.25 amps to 1 amp.

Here is how it works. Let's say you have a 13 plate cell (2 stacks with 5 neutrals each). To keep it simple, let's say you have 5 x 5 inches of exposed plate surface, so you have 25 sq/in of plate surface. Forget about all your neutral plates, each stack of 7 plates makes up one 12v circuit, so the only number you need to worry about is the the total sq/in on one plate. Now take that number (25) and multiply it by the total amount of stacks (in this case 2 stacks of 7 plates). So you have 25 x 2 = 50. Now multiply that by 0.5 amps = 25 amps. In simple terms: 25 sq/in x 0.5 amps x 2 stacks = 25 amps max

Again, these numbers vary depending on who you talk to, some use a lower multiplier (like 0.25 amps) and some use higher. I like to go on the low side personally.

D.O.G
07-18-2011, 04:35 PM
OK, I was a bit short. Just an attack of "grumpy old man syndrome" on my part. I was partway through a post explaining the relationship between voltage, current and resistance when the attack hit.

Dieferbiefer, you could have been talking about a parallel reactor ..... but I don't think so.
Go to www.free-energy-info.co.uk/ and read the first part of chapter 12. Then read chapter 10 if you haven't already.

myoldyourgold
07-18-2011, 08:26 PM
D.O.G. Take hart if I could have a penny for everyone I got upset with I would be a rich man!!

I use a slightly different method which results in the same answer as hhoconnection above.

The active area of one side of one plate divided by 2 gives you the maximum amps to safely run a single stack reactor. When you add stacks just multiply the number by the number of stacks sense stacks divide amps.

5"x5" plate = 25 active square inches divided by 2 = 12.5 amps. Now if you have 2 stacks = 25 amps and if you have 3 stacks 37.5. amps

This does not apply to a unipolar setups or plates that have been media blasted properly. This only applies to reactors with bipolar plates (neutrals).

More time is required to be able to state what can be done on media blasted plates. It looks like you can come close to doubling the amperage but longer run time is needed and lab tests to see if CR6 is being formed with the higher amps.

dieferbiefer
07-19-2011, 02:49 PM
Thank you for you help hhoconnection, thats all i need to know. I am new at this and am trying to build my first cell, D.O.G if the question ****ed you off that bad then just don't answer it, you obviously have much more advanced high tech work to be doing so just ignore my stupid questions. Thanks again to hhoconnection for your help.

nst6563
07-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Everyone has to start somewhere. Everyone starts different. ;)

Good luck on your build.

dieferbiefer
07-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Thank you nst6563