PDA

View Full Version : 17 Plate Gen Questions?

Vegas_Bill
07-10-2011, 05:18 PM
I have 2 versions of my HHO gen of 20 Gauge 316L,
6"x6" (5.75"x5.5" exposed surface).
Using KOH (varied solution) running @ +/- 20Amp,
Producing 3.5 LPM.

I am not using a PWM,and have no heat issues,
I am covering O2 sensor which decreases fuel input @ idle 300RPM.
My testbed vehicle is a '91 Jeep Cherokee, straight 6 4.0L 4x4...

OK, here are the questions:
1. I have not gained any benefit in MPG and can't figure out why?
and
2. Should I increase electrolyte (risk heat) and use PWM to produce more gas?

Vegas_Bill

koya1893
07-10-2011, 08:52 PM
I have 2 versions of my HHO gen of 20 Gauge 316L,
6"x6" (5.75"x5.5" exposed surface).
Using KOH (varied solution) running @ +/- 20Amp,
Producing 3.5 LPM.

I am not using a PWM,and have no heat issues,
I am covering O2 sensor which decreases fuel input @ idle 300RPM.
My testbed vehicle is a '91 Jeep Cherokee, straight 6 4.0L 4x4...

OK, here are the questions:
1. I have not gained any benefit in MPG and can't figure out why?
and
2. Should I increase electrolyte (risk heat) and use PWM to produce more gas?

Vegas_Bill

Vegas,

First let me say you are producing more HHO than what you need. At the min I recommend 2 LPM to feed the 4.0 liter eng. Second your numbers for your production is something I cannot except, 3.5LPM at 20 amps, that's 1.75LPM at 10 amps. I've built several configuration to achieved 1LPM at 10 amps, just not posible from my stand point.

Before those much smarter than I reads your post and really start shoot your post full of holes. I recommend you re-visit your numbers. Back your no gain,your 91 is a OBDI system meaning you should have one wire O2 and shoul be able to it contral with an EFIE.

Visit Fuel saver site or email Mike or Bruce, I have a client locally (cheap type person) He did not want to treat the O2 after I installed a system on his 94 chevy truck with 5.7 TBI. Since he drives it locally and no highway driving I installed an Extender on his O2 (just one). He is reporting 25% increase on mix driving. From his record he was getting 12-13mpg. He is now getting 16.8mpg. I am sharing this with you because you can see gain if you treat the O2 and you are producing HHO.

Care to share some photo of your system.

Vegas_Bill
07-15-2011, 05:34 PM
Duplicate post

Vegas_Bill
07-15-2011, 05:40 PM
Vegas,

First let me say you are producing more HHO than what you need. At the min I recommend 2 LPM to feed the 4.0 liter eng. Second your numbers for your production is something I cannot except, 3.5LPM at 20 amps, that's 1.75LPM at 10 amps. I've built several configuration to achieved 1LPM at 10 amps, just not posible from my stand point.

Before those much smarter than I reads your post and really start shoot your post full of holes. I recommend you re-visit your numbers. Back your no gain,your 91 is a OBDI system meaning you should have one wire O2 and shoul be able to it contral with an EFIE.

Visit Fuel saver site or email Mike or Bruce, I have a client locally (cheap type person) He did not want to treat the O2 after I installed a system on his 94 chevy truck with 5.7 TBI. Since he drives it locally and no highway driving I installed an Extender on his O2 (just one). He is reporting 25% increase on mix driving. From his record he was getting 12-13mpg. He is now getting 16.8mpg. I am sharing this with you because you can see gain if you treat the O2 and you are producing HHO.

Care to share some photo of your system.

Thanks for the info Koya...

As you can probably tell, I am a novice to the HHO game.

I have built a number of generators in various sizes, materials, and configurations. Here is a quick video of the generator on a 6 cyl, 2009 Dodge pickup connected directly to the battery (before installation into the Jeep), using half the electrolyte. I did have an issue with heat over time directly connected to the battery.

http://ebslasvegas.com/HHO_Bench1.wmv

The Jeep installation is connected through the firewall, on a 25Amp circuit with a toggle on/off safety switch. I am using a 1 liter bottle, but my volume testing should be at least close... The connections meter out between 20 and, when left running for a couple of hours, 23Amps.

I will take some pictures of my generator and Jeep installation.

Vegas_Bill

PS I welcome the experts tearing me to pieces, I am eager to learn what I'm doing wrong.

nst6563
07-15-2011, 08:05 PM
If your circuit limitation is set by 25A and the cell is running at 23A, that doesn't leave a lot of room for small fluctuations. Is your circuit limited by just the fuse or is it an actual limitation of the wiring?

Vegas_Bill
07-16-2011, 01:20 PM
If your circuit limitation is set by 25A and the cell is running at 23A, that doesn't leave a lot of room for small fluctuations. Is your circuit limited by just the fuse or is it an actual limitation of the wiring?

It is a limitation of the circuit itself with does has a 25Amp fuse as well (which has never blown). This is a dedicated circuit, nothing else sharing that 25 Amps.

lhazleton
07-17-2011, 01:05 PM
Bill,
I just watched the video you supplied.
Who came up with the "3.2LPM"? Without a decent eudiometer, it's impossible to get the correct output number. Watching the tiny amount of production in the video, it's a fair guess that the reactor is putting out maybe a half litre per minute at best. This is nowhere near enough hydroxy to help a 4.0L engine.
I don't want to sound negative, but the numbers are ridiculous.

Vegas_Bill
07-18-2011, 10:50 AM
Bill,
I just watched the video you supplied.
Who came up with the "3.2LPM"? Without a decent eudiometer, it's impossible to get the correct output number. Watching the tiny amount of production in the video, it's a fair guess that the reactor is putting out maybe a half litre per minute at best. This is nowhere near enough hydroxy to help a 4.0L engine.
I don't want to sound negative, but the numbers are ridiculous.

Hey lhazleton,

I am familiar with volumetric measurement... and although my methode is crude and not exact, it is very close. The hoses that you see in the video are 1/2 inch poly tubing and the gas you see is equivalent to 3.2 LPM +/- 3%.

I am giving specifics, perhaps rather than a blanket statment you can give particulars?? I will be doing some new videos this week showing maesurements, amperage, and heat.

myoldyourgold
07-18-2011, 11:35 AM
I am sorry to put a pin in your balloon but it is impossible to make 3 LPM with just 20 amps. If you think that is possible with just brute force you have just rewritten Faraday's law. There has been thousands before you who have tried and it is just impossible when you under stand exactly what the process is.

You might have an efficient reactor but no where near 3 LPM at 20 amps.

Vegas_Bill
07-19-2011, 11:48 AM
I am sorry to put a pin in your balloon but it is impossible to make 3 LPM with just 20 amps. If you think that is possible with just brute force you have just rewritten Faraday's law. There has been thousands before you who have tried and it is just impossible when you under stand exactly what the process is.

You might have an efficient reactor but no where near 3 LPM at 20 amps.

First of all I would like to thank everyone for their feedback... And I take all your feedback seriously.

I am at a loss for what I am getting vs what you guys are telling me.

1. I am going to go back and document (Video) everything.
2. I will post links to all of my results and processes.
3. You guys, who are obviously more savy than I can see where I am going wrong.
4. hopefully you guys can offer some constructive pointers on my mistakes.

Vegas_Bill

myoldyourgold
07-19-2011, 01:34 PM
If your measurements are correct then the only explanation is that there is some other source of energy that is creating the gas. Go over everything and document it and let us know.