PDA

View Full Version : Does a magnet affect an HHO torch flame?

Mad_Furby
06-17-2011, 05:37 PM
I’m new to the whole HHO scene just started building a wet cell and the question passed my mind.

I suppose if it does then it would look a bit like that old physics experiment with a comb and a slow running tap showing the dielectric properties of water.

Can anyone with a torch confirm or deny this please

Furbs

hhoconnection
06-18-2011, 12:19 AM
Furby:

I've never even thought to try it. I'll try to remember to give it a shot tomorrow. I'm going to guess that nothing will happen though.

hhoconnection
06-22-2011, 02:38 PM
OK Furby, I tried it and did not see any effect. I took a 1" sphere magnet and held it as close to the flame as I could in every way possible and did not see anything different. Sorry. :(

I can tell you this, don't put an HHO flame to a magnet. I tried it on a cheap little harbor freight magnet and it practically exploded in seconds. That is one thing you will find in melting stuff with a HHO torch, a lot of rocks, especially crystals will just go nuts when the flame hit it. It's like pop corn. You have to be wearing eye protection because little fragments will shoot off everywhere. You really need to be careful. Oh boy I see another video in the works.

Mad_Furby
06-27-2011, 07:26 AM
many thanks hhoconnection :D love the youtube vids btw they're really clear and simple