PDA

View Full Version : My hho setup needs your expertise

Ecoevolutions
06-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Hello my name is Brandon. I'm not new to the forum but this is my first post. I have a 99 civic with a 1.6 4banger. I have an 11 plate cell 3x6 setup at -nnnn+nnnn- then it runs to a quart and a half resivior. From there I have a dual bubbler, the first acts as a dryer then the next is a bubbler that is filled with distilled vinegar. I run koh at a ratio of 4 tbsp to 6 cups of distilled water. That runs 15- 20 amps I run a 30amp PWM. A map enhancer, and a dual digital Efie. I got 35 mpg prior the hho kit. After I put it on I got horrible gas milage. That was before I got the Efie. Now I have it on the car but I still don't get any better milage, I drove without the system on and I'm getting 25 mpg. A huge drop from what I was stock. What's wrong? I'll get picks tomorrow. I don't know my lpm.

koya1893
06-10-2011, 07:39 AM
Hello my name is Brandon. I'm not new to the forum but this is my first post. I have a 99 civic with a 1.6 4banger. I have an 11 plate cell 3x6 setup at -nnnn+nnnn- then it runs to a quart and a half resivior. From there I have a dual bubbler, the first acts as a dryer then the next is a bubbler that is filled with distilled vinegar. I run koh at a ratio of 4 tbsp to 6 cups of distilled water. That runs 15- 20 amps I run a 30amp PWM. A map enhancer, and a dual digital Efie. I got 35 mpg prior the hho kit. After I put it on I got horrible gas milage. That was before I got the Efie. Now I have it on the car but I still don't get any better milage, I drove without the system on and I'm getting 25 mpg. A huge drop from what I was stock. What's wrong? I'll get picks tomorrow. I don't know my lpm.

Your configuration is fine, however it can be improved to -NNNNN+NNNNN-. What type of EFIE? Judging from the name of it you got it from fuel Saver, which is good. I would disconnect the MAP enhancer and stay with the EFIE for now. Using a digital EFIE tells me you have narrow band O2. what was your initial setting? If it was the 350mv as suggested, you leaned out the system too much, start with 380 mv and if you have a rear sensor start with 200mv and drive a full tank before making any additional adjust, plus it is a good base line to calculate mpg.

Also, the size of you plates and the configuration should produce enough HHO to feed your engine.
Can you send photos of the cell and maybe th entire set up. you might have a leak.

Dimuthu_4S7DZ
06-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Hi,
I made a 11 plate -NNNN+NNNN- configuration cell for my Land Rover 110, plates were made of 316L 5"x5" size and the active area is 4"x4" squared, it produces 1 litre per 70 seconds when the water temp at around 50C. i use 15% KOH but not with distrilled water it was with pipe wather. plate gap is 3mm. when measure plate to plate voltage reads 1.80-2.0V.
It draws 15-18Amps, still the i feels this rate is not enough to the 2.5 Litre diesel engine. any ideas very much apprecieated

myoldyourgold
06-15-2011, 12:25 PM
The only way to achieve good gains in mpg is to reduce the fuel going in and replace it with HHO. That is very simply put. Not so easy. If your diesel has EFI or a bosh pump there is usually a sweet spot where with enough HHO you will experience 10 to 20 % gain in mpg with out doing anything other than injecting the right amount of HHO. To get more than that you will have to cut back the fuel going into the engine while increasing the HHO. I suspect your engine will take some where around 2 LPM give or take a little.

BioFarmer93
06-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Hi,
I made a 11 plate -NNNN+NNNN- configuration cell for my Land Rover 110, plates were made of 316L 5"x5" size and the active area is 4"x4" squared, it produces 1 litre per 70 seconds when the water temp at around 50C. i use 15% KOH but not with distrilled water it was with pipe wather. plate gap is 3mm. when measure plate to plate voltage reads 1.80-2.0V.
It draws 15-18Amps, still the i feels this rate is not enough to the 2.5 Litre diesel engine. any ideas very much apprecieated

What year engine? If you don't already belong, then join an online community that shares interest in 2.5L diesel Land Rovers... In the tech articles there you will usually find ways to turn fuel up or down. I think your particular engine is the Ford "Puma" direct injected intercooled 2.5. Anyway, make your reactor stacks larger by one plate, and add one more stack [+NNNNN-NNNNN+NNNNN-] Also, bring your electrolyte percentage up to 28%.

Ecoevolutions
06-15-2011, 08:21 PM
Ok. Thanks for the reply. But hey koya, I had a question. U said to turn the map enhancer off and only use the Efie. With the map enhancer I can physically lean the motor out. And the Efie just interiors the o2 signal and changes it. If I turned it off. Then I'm just letting the hho lean the motor out and the Efie keeps the computer from compensating. So I would think I would get better gas milage with it on. Would I not? Im not totally sure. Couldnu explain why I would get less miles with the map on. I don't get it. If I lean the car out to much my milage gets worse. Even with the Efie keepin the car from richening up the mixture.

Ecoevolutions
06-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Ok. I stand totally corrected. I was getting no more milage. With my setup then I was stock. I took the advice about turning off my map enhancer. And just used my Efie. I went from 28 mpg to 39 mpg.!!!! That's crazy. Why did the map enhancer give me worse mpg?