PDA

View Full Version : One big unit or many small units?

absoluteanc
06-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Just wanted to see if anyone has an opinion on better production while using lower amps.

Is one big dry cell that can handle 60 amps but uses 15 amps better?

Or many smaller dry cells running together at 15 amps?

What about running the smaller cells in parallel or in series? Is parallel better?

TrafficTrader
06-08-2011, 12:17 PM
I can only tell you my experiences with a double unit.

I purchased an economic unit when I first started, now it doesn't even look like what I started with. With these units I got plenty of help right here in this forum.

My set up was 2 9 plate system, -nnn+nnn- -nnn+nnn- . one in port one out port per unit, clear acrylic plastic end caps, 3.5 in 316L SS Plates. 30amp draw, Volo chip.

Now: 2 15 plate -nnnnnn+nnnnnn- -nnnnnn+nnnnnn- two in ports and one out port, high dens plastic end caps. 10amp draw. I only need to get is 1 hho ltr per/minute.

I run a 98 Saturn 1.9ltr 160,000 miles on it, I burn 3 qts per oil change and I get 12mpg gain w/hho. 28-29MPG now 40-41MPG

I decided to go at a low amp draw because of the size of my engine, I don't want it to work any harder than it has too. By adding plates it allows me to increase my KOH to a higher concentrate, lower resistances.

12 mile gain, I'm very happy with my results.

I do believe if I went with a higher end unit I would have better results in the beginning. But I would not have known what I know now.... it provided me a quick learning guide to HHO..... one of my major jobs was to find space to install it.

koya1893
06-08-2011, 12:24 PM
I can only tell you my experiences with a double unit.

I purchased an economic unit when I first started, now it doesn't even look like what I started with. With these units I got plenty of help right here in this forum.

My set up was 2 9 plate system, -nnn+nnn- -nnn+nnn- . one in port one out port per unit, clear acrylic plastic end caps, 3.5 in 316L SS Plates. 30amp draw, Volo chip.

Now: 2 15 plate -nnnnnn+nnnnnn- -nnnnnn+nnnnnn- two in ports and one out port, high dens plastic end caps. 10amp draw. I only need to get is 1 hho ltr per/minute.

I run a 98 Saturn 1.9ltr 160,000 miles on it, I burn 3 qts per oil change and I get 12mpg gain w/hho. 28-29MPG now 40-41MPG

I decided to go at a low amp draw because of the size of my engine, I don't want it to work any harder than it has too. By adding plates it allows me to increase my KOH to a higher concentrate, lower resistances.

12 mile gain, I'm very happy with my results.

Traffic,

what size are your cell? For that small engine, where did you find the room to install it?
also, what are you using to handle the Oxygen sensors?
How much lpm are you producing?

curious, because that's great result. thus far I managed the 20-25% increase in most of the vehicles I worked with, some with two stach system and several with two individual cell. those seem to stay cooler.

BioFarmer93
06-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Just wanted to see if anyone has an opinion on better production while using lower amps.

Is one big dry cell that can handle 60 amps but uses 15 amps better?

Or many smaller dry cells running together at 15 amps?

What about running the smaller cells in parallel or in series? Is parallel better?

Plumbing considerations are a factor, as well as increased electrical resistance due to extra wiring... Then again, available space may necessitate several smaller units rather than one large one. From a pure efficiency standpoint though, one larger unit wins.

TrafficTrader
06-08-2011, 01:55 PM
This is my original setup
http://www.get100mpg.com/images/sm1.jpg

http://www.get100mpg.com/images/IMAG0068.JPG

I'm trying to find my camera for my latest photos.

koya1893
06-08-2011, 02:24 PM
From what I see in the photo, I am familiar with the cell you are using. surprise you are getting that good of production from them. Are you porting the HHO through the intake tube or through a vacuum?