PDA

View Full Version : Seperate Oxygen and Hydrogen??!

p0z3r
06-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Dear forum members,

Lately i've heard a rumor for someone creating a system that seperates the oxygen and the hydrogen and sends pure hydrogen in the internal combustion engine! :eek:

Well i've asked some friends (chemists and engineers) and they told me that this is not good for the hho system! They told me that we need the oxygen so it can increase the octanes or make the fuel burn better! Is that true?
Is this system better?

Along with this "new" idea comes propaganda for normal hho systems!

Whats your opinion on that?? :)

Mad_Furby
06-03-2011, 03:13 PM
yes, you need O2 for any fuel to burn. burning is oxidation the addition of oxygen to the molecule. i can see safety advantages of transportation and storing hydrogen and oxygen separately, but you must use the correct ratios of gasses in order to get the optimal burn. namely 2 hydrogen 1 oxygen.

i think they're trying to use o2 from the air like current petrol engines... which is all good and well but its unlikely to contain enough oxygen to evenly burn the hydrogen... you could have hydrogen that is not burned as an exhaust gas as i see it, also what do you do with the oxygen that is not used?

if there's any sort of pressure build up i guess that's bad for the system.... how are they suggesting spiting the hho?

p0z3r
06-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Yeah i agree with all the above!
Ummm, you suggest that with this sytem there is higher pressure?
Anyway, they don't really say how they do it! But they change the structure of the electrodes somehow!
I can't understand how they lead the oxygen out of the fuel cell!!

Roland Jacques
06-04-2011, 08:39 PM
HHO is what we call this gas. There is more to it than just H2 and O2.

Separating the H and O is silly, but some folks do it:confused:.

BioFarmer93
06-04-2011, 11:23 PM
Dear forum members,

Lately i've heard a rumor for someone creating a system that seperates the oxygen and the hydrogen and sends pure hydrogen in the internal combustion engine! :eek:

Well i've asked some friends (chemists and engineers) and they told me that this is not good for the hho system! They told me that we need the oxygen so it can increase the octanes or make the fuel burn better! Is that true?
Is this system better?

Along with this "new" idea comes propaganda for normal hho systems!

Whats your opinion on that?? :)

OMG! Relax! It's OK!
It's just someone trying to sell their own particular flavor of electrolyzer and counting on the semi HHO literate to intuit that using just hydrogen without the oxygen is going to trick the O2 sensor... Well, it will -BUT, without the O2 it's not HHO (even if the O2 is mixed in later) and it doesn't have the same effect or performance as HHO. Just another scammer tryin' to make a buck.

jansan
06-05-2011, 09:10 PM
I am currently testing a Dry Cell that produces hydrogen and oxygen separate.
It is my design
While oxygen is necessary for combustion, the produce separately, allows me to dispense the amount of oxygen in the HHO mixture and avoid having to install an EFIE (Electronic Fuel Injection Enhancer). or O2 Sensor Extender,
They also produce much more hydrogen than oxygen, the oxygen that oxidizes the water, the less there is less rust.
That allows me to give less to the dry cell maintenance.
I tried connecting my only hydrogen Ford Explorer and it works great, although I have not tested mileage.
the inspiration of my design was myhydrogencar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHnfLbZVhTI and is not "Just another scammer tryin 'to make a buck." he has contributed many good ideas, if you visit their Webpage http://www.hho-research.com.au/ Hints & tip, you will see

BioFarmer93
06-06-2011, 12:41 PM
jansan,
I'm not particularly trying to annoy you (although I have been told I'm rather skilled at it) but that's old news. I'm familiar with the website and have watched several of his videos. I readily admit that he has a very slick site and offers a lot of items (at premium pricing). I'm happy for you that you are developing a separation reactor of your own, but have you implemented a common duct reactor of the same size first as a basis of comparison? I can't help but wonder if you haven't been taken in by an idea that isn't necessary... I hope not, as you probably hate wasting time and money as much as I do. Best of luck though, seriously. As an indicator of my statement about old news, I'll offer this- dry cell style separator reactors have been around as long as, if not longer than regular dry cell reactors. They're good for making H2 for storage and/or O2 for storage, but for vehicle use their utility is yet unproven.
Just to give you an idea, check the date on this thread...;)

http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=6065&highlight=isolation+cell

jansan
06-08-2011, 08:01 AM
The reasons I have to work on the development of the dry cell, are:
1 - Getting both items I can separate the amount of oxygen dose to use in my testing HHO and make your best performance.
2 - Limiting the amount of oxygen I think that will control rust
3 - I am also experienced working with brute force, 12.5 volts, cooling
by a fan on the heat sinks in the corners, if necessary. Travez you use power to a PWM, which will replace a good chip.
I'm not very thin skin so the comments do not bother, I only believed in the duty to express my opinion, without intention to open a dispute about it, but thank you for sending me the link to the drawing showing the design of the meeting together very interesting, somewhat complicated, unless you have a mold for pressing court.
Personally I think the joint system "myhydrogencar" is easier to do manually
As Voltaire said. "I do not share your ideas, but I will defend with my life your right to express them."
Blessings

Weapon_R
06-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Oxygen is not required. Any combustible gas will work. Oxygen only aids the reaction. Besides their is already some oxygen entering the engine.

BioFarmer93
06-08-2011, 12:20 PM
Oxygen is not required. Any combustible gas will work. Oxygen only aids the reaction. Besides their is already some oxygen entering the engine.

EEHHHHHHHHHH! (loud buzzer) Um, wrong. Primary petroleum fuel amount is calibrated for available oxygen in the intake air. If you add hydrogen without the appropriate extra amount of oxygen, then the primary petroleum fuel is left with an oxidizer defecit during combustion (because the hydrogen WILL burn first) and will cause the primary fuel to not burn efficiently.

Weapon_R
06-08-2011, 06:32 PM
EEHHHHHHHHHH! (loud buzzer) Um, wrong. Primary petroleum fuel amount is calibrated for available oxygen in the intake air. If you add hydrogen without the appropriate extra amount of oxygen, then the primary petroleum fuel is left with an oxidizer defecit during combustion (because the hydrogen WILL burn first) and will cause the primary fuel to not burn efficiently.

That maybe so but efficiency would still be improved over straight gasoline.
And technically that is not quite true. Gasoline does the following:
1) Cool engine
2) Provide energy
Too much gas to begin with being injected
The first is only necessary due to the inefficiency of the injection process.
Adding hydrogen would also result in the leaning of the fuel being injected. At least it should.

BioFarmer93
06-15-2011, 07:58 PM
I guess that's fine then if you're satisfied with mediocre results... suit yourself.:rolleyes: