PDA

View Full Version : Volvo Chip vs MAP/MAF dail tuner.

TrafficTrader
05-20-2011, 08:28 AM
Comparisons:

Volvo Chip vs MAP/MAF tuning.

I have a Chip, I would like to know the benefits of the chip over the MAP/MAF tuner?

I know you get better mileage with a Stick instead of an Automatic, so is it true you get better MPG with a Manual instead of an Chip?

I believe the human factor has better control over the MPG instead of a chip, am I wrong?

Jedomi
05-23-2011, 05:29 PM
No one has any input on this? I am also interested as i will be getting a truck soon. And what about these EIFE thingies i see around the forum?

koya1893
05-23-2011, 06:30 PM
No one has any input on this? I am also interested as i will be getting a truck soon. And what about these EIFE thingies i see around the forum?

As far, as the volo chip. they respond well if you have a 3 series bimmer and you are tuning for performance to autocross. For HHO application, I tested it with several testbed I did not see the gain. The EFIE, if you have a car or a truck with O2 and inducing HHO. You need to treat all of the O2 to see any gain and it is the only easy way I work with to lean out the system. Yes, you can approach the MAF/MAP but that's a touchy approach.
There is a forum member who use APEX AFC and experiencing great result, the only thing with, they are $$ to for the average tickerer or add them to a system to sell.

I've taken the simple approach and focused on using the EFIE, thus far I have great result from them.

Jedomi
05-23-2011, 07:56 PM
I've taken the simple approach and focused on using the EFIE, thus far I have great result from them.

Do you mind linking me to the model of EFIE you are using? and maybe another link to a document detailing how to use it? :D