PDA

View Full Version : .01 tube spacing...

MachinistGabe
05-02-2011, 11:00 PM
well i machined up some 304 tubes 7.5 inches long, one is 1.0 inch in diameter, the i.d is 900, the 2nd tube inside it is .875 with a .775 i.d, and the next tube is .75 with an i.d of .65. I conected two with a 303 screw, and left the other sticking .5 out the bottom. I then indicated each tube inside of each other within .001, using 6 plastic set screws on each side(it took a long time...) after i indicated the tube in inside i would check resistance to make sure there wasn't a short. then turn off the remainder of the plastic screw sticking up, then repeat for the next tube.

Any way, the amount of hydrogen it produces is amazing. and i would say its almost short circuiting across when in the water, but no connection at all when not :), i would assume resistance is very low, and i am drawing 13 amps. If i force water through the tubes with a 12 volt water pump, amps go off the charts or past my amp meter. I noticed something strange. i was playing around and ran the power through my tube into a transformer then to the negative on the battery, i heard the transformer working i know that a transformer does not work on dc current. so im curious to why this is happening i show 3v ac coming from the tube, and 10v on the other side of the step up transformer. i was wondering if anyone had experienced this. I ordered a oscilloscope today, should be in next week. just wanted to check out others thoughts. i have 5 sets of tubes im going to connect together here soon.

MachinistGabe
05-02-2011, 11:10 PM
im using straight tap water. also

MachinistGabe
05-02-2011, 11:59 PM
well damn, turns out it was the battery charger, must be letting some ac current through.

pwteng
05-03-2011, 12:02 AM
devide the total vdc by the # of anodes and you should be no less than 1.4vdc

keiththevp
05-03-2011, 01:55 AM
well damn, turns out it was the battery charger, must be letting some ac current through.

Yes all battery chargers have some ac ripple. But since the cell acts like a battery anyway it is not that big of a deal.