PDA

View Full Version : difference in gas mileage

skimsurf
04-23-2011, 05:49 PM
I just installed an hho generator in my 2k bravada. Other than the car being a little more well "peppy" I havent noticed a difference in gas mileage. The info system says its the same at an avg of 15.1mpg. My generator is pretty simple, used a home water filter housing, plugged one side, drilled a hole for the wires which I sealed with an epoxy. I used 4 spatulas as my plates spaced with zip ties. I wasnt getting a lot of action so I added less than a 1/4 cup of vinegar to the mix and produced a better reaction. Not sure of the amperage but, just wondering about tweaks to get this working well. Any help would be great, with gas approaching $4 a gallon, and headed for $5 according to the news, looking for a good solid way to save at the pump. Thanks.

BioFarmer93
04-23-2011, 06:08 PM
Hey Skimsurf,
Man, you've got a lot of reading to do and a lot of pictures and video to look at. With the description of your unit, I am honestly surprised you got anything at all- no insult intended. Study; Drycell, KOH, 316L S.S., EFIE, PWM... It shows initiative that you have built something and installed it already, and our collective hats are off to you for that, unfortunately you have chosen the worst possible way to go about it. The silver lining to your situation though, is that you have landed at a site that has an excellent depth of field with a lot of folks that are making it work, and work well. Go back 50 or 60 pages in this forums list and start reading. Not putting you off here, just necessary background to get you up to speed so you won't be asking questions that have already been answered over and over and over... You get the picture. Welcome to the forum by the way..

ultra_efficient
04-23-2011, 07:25 PM
read up on Apexi AFC. you are running your car at factory tune so you will get what the factory sets it to get. if you want to take full advantage of your HHO you WILL have to re-tune. simple way is EFIE but not at fine tuned and efficient as a Apexi AFC.

also study the dry cell and the best way to make one. im making a new one now and will post it and all the parts and how to do it, the mentors here can help you if you don't understand everything.

keep in mind tuning is the key