PDA

View Full Version : Neebie quesions

Bullets
04-18-2011, 06:06 AM
Hey everyone! I’ve been reading a lot of threads on the forum. I’ve had several questions which some have been answered and others not. I wanted to post a few questions in hopes some of the Mentors could help me understand. My experience level is low. I have built one tubular wet cell. I did not do any production tests on it as I was a little disappointed with its output and decided to move on. Since I have drawn up several designs in CAD to help me realize some thoughts I was having. Let me move on to the questions to keep this short.

I believe Stan Meyer built only wet cells (I could be wrong), why was he wrong with this design being so much more inefficient compared to a dry cell design which is the more accepted technology today?

To my knowledge Meyer mostly built tubular designs. I did see that he built one plate system consisting of two plates which he could vary the distance between the plates for testing purposes. However, I’m not aware of him building any “production” type cells using a plate design. Why would he not have thought of using plates when they seem to be easier to build cells with?

Meyer appears to always push towards keeping the amperage very low (below 10 amps) while keeping the voltage high on his cells. Why is it now more accepted to push higher levels of amperage on a cell? Or have I misunderstood how many amps Meyer was using on his cells?

My own understanding of water and electrolysis tells me that fracturing water into the separate atoms becomes increasingly easier as the temperature of the water goes up. Which should mean it would require less amps and volts to make the same production levels as colder temperatures. Yet many forums and videos that I have seen, it seems as though higher water temperatures are avoided. Has anyone tried running cells on superheated water, let’s say…250 degrees+? Additionally, I’ve read that many of you have experienced higher level amperage draw when the water temperature goes up, could this be stopped using a PWM?

Ok, I’ll stop there for now. Thanks in advance for your help, I’m sure once I have a better understanding I’ll be able to lend some help back. And my apologies for what may be some very beginner questions to you all.

Matt

Bullets
04-18-2011, 06:07 AM
Sorry forgot to subscribe! LOL

H2OPWR
04-18-2011, 06:38 AM
Matt, I will give you my opinion but it is just that. Lets remember that none of Stan Meyers claims were ever verified by anyone other than himself. There have been others that have made the same claim but Stan Meyers is the most famous.

Lets assume that Stan did actually run that Dune Buggy on just water using a wet cell. The reason none of us copy that is we have no clue how he did it. Many, Many have done their best to replicate his work but all have failed every time. His Dune Buggy is intact and in someones hands right now as is all his work but oddly enough no one has made it run since his death. I for one am very doubtful that it EVER ran on water. I would love to see it happen but there are just too much evidence that it never happened and too little that it did. If what Stan claimed happened really happened it violates all laws of physics.

As far as wet cells compared to dry cells. We use dry cells because they perform better than wet cells for all of us that have tried both.

Yes water does split easier at higher temperatures. I did build one Nickel cell with Teflon gaskets and a Stainless Resevoir for high temp tests. I have some video's on my Youtube channel with that build. I built it for high temp tests but did not show any of them on Youtube because of the danger involved. The reason we don't do that is for two reasons. First you get water vapor out (steam) that contains KOH. It is hard on vehicle engine parts. The second reason is that the gaskets, hoses, and end plates can't handle the heat. I made mine using Stainless and Teflon so it could handle the heat but those materials are too expensive to be practical. In order to keep the vapor out of the gas at high temps you need to run the cell under pressure. Pressure and HHO equals a huge bomb. The other side of the coin is that it takes lots of excess energy just to get it hot.

Larry

Bullets
04-18-2011, 08:16 AM
Hey Larry!

I was really hoping you'd be one of the Mentors to write. I've really been impressed with your experiments and how detailed your videos are.

I agree, very little evidence if Meyer was ever able to make that buggy run simply on water/HHO. Not sure if anyone has tried since his death or if the buggy is exactly the same since his demise. I feel we all have to continue to think way outside the box as he did until we come up with something that works. Something I might add that you do very well.

If I'm not wrong, wasn't one of the laws of physics proved wrong through the destruction of matter by an atomic bomb? I thought the law read something like: Matter is neither created nor destroyed. Yet scientists believe matter may have indeed been destroyed through the testing of an atomic weapon. If true, then a law can not be a law if it doesn't hold true all the time.
I really don't want to argue about laws of physics because I am certainly not smart enough to hold that discussion with anyone! LOL But I do like to think outside the box and feel my lack of understanding of the laws of physics keep me from being held back by them. After all, perhaps other "laws" can be broken if the above has been.

Agreed, I am a little concerned about the higher pressures of working with superheated water and HHO. Certainly there could be some real problems there. But what if, there was a sort of energy free way to heat the water? It may make the use of heated water more interesting, yes? Would it be ok if I PM'd you about that? But I keep coming back to the need to build a low pressure (50-75 PSI) storage tank for the HHO, as a reserve in cases of high demand by the engine.

Question about the steam, if the cell was giving off HHO and steam could the steam be separated by running it all through a bubbler?

Bullets
04-18-2011, 03:29 PM
Another thought/question. Has anyone here or do you know of anyone who has built a cell that works around steam instead of water? I've heard some nuclear power plants do this with the steam coming from the reactors after its passed through the turbines. Seems like a good idea if you can produce enough steam and can crack it fast enough as the steam would not require much energy to crack.