PDA

View Full Version : Readings and Efficiency not quite right....

Sniper168
04-17-2011, 05:51 AM
Ok. So I've gotten everything installed and have been running the HHO device for about 3 weeks now.
First few runs:
Well, I didn't read all the way through the paperwork and learned the hard way that you are supposed to program your EFIE device to dial back the fuel misture. Duh! So I had Factory settings and the first half of the tank was great, the second half sucked because the car's computer was going retard.
So, thanks to Astrocady, who has been a great bit of advise throughout - thank you again by the way sir - I have now leaned out my fuel.
Second batch of runs:
SO I dialed back the pot from factory .451 to .090, and the engine light eventually came on (like half way through the tank).
Note: The instructions say to dial it back into the the .250 - .350 range WHILE at the same time dialing it back as far as possible until the engine light doesn't come on, AND the green LED light stays blinking (solid is bad and not on at all is bad).
SO, I have been able to dial it back to .090 with the engine not changing idle and the green LED still blinking. But the engine light came on half way through the tank.
So now I'm at .100 and the engine light came on later through the tank of gas as well. So now I'm at .105.... and I've noticed throughout all of this the following:
I have to fill up my bubbler almost every other time I drive anywhere - mostly my driving consists of short 5 mile trips and once per week a 100 mile round trip. So during the long drive, near the end of my trip, I notice the amps have left my range of 11.9-12.2 and dropped down to 7-10 amps (it varies) and the Duty Cycle is at 100%.
I'm assuming this is because the device is heating up, burning off some of the water, and viola! I need to add water and a touch more Koh.

I'm using a Smack's design (water filter canister with an 8 plate system)
I've also noticed up near the air filter box, a white stain as if the koh laced water is making its way up to that point and dripping out of the air box.
My questions are these:
1) Should I install a second bubbler instead of a flash back arrestor?
2) Should I have some type of one way valve to curtail any water going too far up the hho tube to the air intake? I'm relatively certain my water loss is due to this issue alone and no other leaks anyway.
3) Is my setting range of .105 wayyyyy too low? Should I be in the .250-.350 range no matter what?
4) And what IS the freezing point of liquid nitrogen on the surface of Pluto during the winter solstice?
lol
Thanks in advance for all your help.
Sniper

myoldyourgold
04-17-2011, 06:28 AM
I'm using a Smack's design (water filter canister with an 8 plate system)
I've also noticed up near the air filter box, a white stain as if the koh laced water is making its way up to that point and dripping out of the air box.
My questions are these:
1) Should I install a second bubbler instead of a flash back arrestor?
2) Should I have some type of one way valve to curtail any water going too far up the hho tube to the air intake? I'm relatively certain my water loss is due to this issue alone and no other leaks anyway.
3) Is my setting range of .105 wayyyyy too low? Should I be in the .250-.350 range no matter what?

KOH making its way to your air filter box is a bad sign. There might be enough KOH making its way into your intake to cause some damage. There should be no KOH getting there if the bubbler is doing its job. You will need to give us some more information of how your bubbler is constructed and its location and connections with the rest of the system.

Water should not be going into the bubbler. Maybe you are confusing the reservoir with the bubbler. If that is the case you need a bubbler.

I would suggest you set your EFIE at .350 and work down form there, giving plenty of time for the cpu to adjust before moving more, not the other way around.

Sniper168
04-17-2011, 07:39 AM
I don't have a resevoir at all. I'll take picks of my device when I get home, but in a nutshell, the HHO comes out the top of the chamber in a 1/4" ID tube and runs down to the bottom of the Bubbler. The HHO comes up through the water then runs straights across the engine compartment to the air intake tube.

My bubbler is always low; I think the water in the bubbler is being sucked back up into the Chamber of the device itself.
Ultimately I believe I'm going to have to put a one-way valve after the device and before the bubbler and possibly one after the bubbler.

I'll get some pics and maybe a video posted in a little bit.
Sniper

Sniper168
04-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Alright Ladies and Gentlemen. Time now for the main event.
Please, no eating or drinking while watching this video as the owner cannot be held liable for any seizures or choking which may occur during the viewing of said film.
Enjoy! errr, at your own risk.
http://mydatabase.myftp.org/sniper168/My_HHO.zip

Please go easy on the video reviews. I made it because my mum was asking how it worked.

Sniper168
04-18-2011, 07:14 AM
Ok, so I figure I need to add a flash arrester immediately after the the HHO device and immediately before the bubbler, Right?
I am also wanting then to install a one-way valve somewhere between the HHO device and the final hose leading to the Air Box. Where is this to be placed?

I am also considering on incorporating a 2nd bubbler, just for safety. Is this at all necessary, or would it be counter productive?

Thanks!
Sniper

Sniper168
04-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Ok so I posted the video....and no feedback.
I would also like to know where I should install this one way valve...AND...where I am supposed to get this one way valve at?
Like a fish aquarium one way valve or what?
Thanks for all your help guys (and gals if applicable).
Eric

Sniper168
04-22-2011, 08:00 AM
I thought I might have a leak somewhere amongst all my other problems, so I removed the unit all together and started anew.
I'm now using the Smack's Booster (4" diameter pvc tubing, etc) and there are still just a few questions that I've yet to have answered, if you all could help.

I still need to put rubber washers around my + and - terminals as well as those wire post things that crimp onto the end of the wires, but in the mean time, I still want to install a one-way valve that will allow the HHO to pass freely to the bubbler, but disallow any water from the bubbler to flow back into the chamber (see pic marked with a #1 and you will see the water level flowing back up the HHO tube back up out of the bubbler when I turn the unit off).

http://mydatabase.myftp.org/sniper168/HHO/1.jpg

Another thing is the negative wire coming out of the Device. It is getting wayyyyy too hot for me to think it's normal. See the picture with #2 and see the burn mark in the plastic.

http://mydatabase.myftp.org/sniper168/HHO/2.jpg

Here are the other pics of the overall setup:
http://mydatabase.myftp.org/sniper168/HHO/3.JPG

http://mydatabase.myftp.org/sniper168/HHO/4.JPG