PDA

View Full Version : Engine Light keeps coming on

Sniper168
04-06-2011, 03:43 PM
I have just installed the EFIE (Dual Digital) and CCPWM from a company called Dry-Cells. Everything appears to be hooked up properly as I'm making HHO and getting good gas mileage.... until that is I get about 1/2 way through the tank of gas when the engine light comes on. When the engine light comes on, I can almost watch the gas gauge drop!
I have to then unplug my negative terminal from the battery and then I'm good to go; er, for a while that is.
Any ideas? Recommendations? Theories?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Sniper

pwteng
04-22-2011, 05:35 PM
go to autozone or similar and have them read your computer to find out what codes and problems are and get back to us

safetysteve
05-08-2011, 03:06 AM
I have a quad EFIE/AFR controller. I split the signal wire going to the ECU and it runs through a circuit with an adjustable pot. If I tweakk the pot to lean I get a chk engine light. Maybe your on that boarder line with your O2 adjustment or in line circuit and the sensor crosses that threshhold. Does your vehicle start running rough at all when you get the ck eng light?

The other deal is that the ECU in most cases has adaptive learning ability. When you rest the ECU by disconnecting the neg. cable your are clearing the ECU memory. I am still reading on the engine management system so I am not sure yet how to resolve this. For now I myself got an adaptor for my battery that has a post so I could use a wing nut to make it an easier disconnect and prevent damage to the terminals. If I can find a beefy enough switch, I may just run a rest switch in line so I can toggle it from inside my car. I read you need to leave it disconnected though for at least 20 for a true reset. I am not sure bout that yet...