PDA

View Full Version : Im interested in setting up an HHO system in my 93 GMC S15 Jimmy

xanaro
04-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Im interested in setting up an HHO system in my 93 GMC S15 Jimmy

Actually just learned about hho yesterday as I was reading about increasing my mileage, first thought was it was a scam. But now Im thinking I can probably increase my mileage if I do it right, but there probably are a lot of premade systems that simply dont work or live up to their promises.

My 93 GMC S15 Jimmy has a 4.3L V6 Vortec engine, and the alternator is 105 amps.

I have searched this forum for blazer/jimmy/bravada and also for "ebay" I only found a handful of ebay reviews. While im sure most people are making their own cells, there has to be some people buying them.

has anyone used this cell? or any of the other cells by this seller? claims to handle 100 PSI: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330524382127

but I read a comment by Astrocady saying that they can also overheat on a long trip (I suppose weather or not they overheat would depend on how many amps you run it at too though.), which for me wont work, I sometimes take 2-4 hour drives across the state and back: http://www.hhoforums.com/showpost.php?p=41395&postcount=6

Is their a favorites list for premade cells because im really looking to just buy something that works. (I am an auto mechanic, I have probably fixed 30 vehicles in the last few years, I am confident that I can install it, I am just not confident in my ability to fabricate a cell that works as well as a laser cut cell and tested cell)

xanaro
04-05-2011, 08:11 AM
I contacted the seller of: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330524382127

He said the plates used are 20 gauge (I asked since I remember Astrocady saying his plates were 18 gauge and he seemed to know what he was talking about), and that as long as I dont run too many amps without cooling that it wont overheat:

The plates are 20 gauge (.035"). We have never had any of our cells over heat. If the cell is installed properly, and not tried to be over run, ( trying to run it with 40 & 50 amps with out a radiator), they will not over heat. We have them on our vehicles and the temperature of the cell runs about 115* on the hottest day of the year here in Tennessee. It is designed to flush all impurities, which may occur, out of the cell and into the tank. The impurities can cause overheating after a time, and reduce cell performance. You need a basting syringe to suck out the impurities out of the bottom of the tank. You also need an 1" extention on the barb in the bottom of the tank to keep the impurities that are in the bottom of the tank from going back into the cell. All of these preventative measures will make the cell have a long life. I hope we have answered all of your questions.

koya1893
04-05-2011, 11:53 AM
I contacted the seller of: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330524382127

He said the plates used are 20 gauge (I asked since I remember Astrocady saying his plates were 18 gauge and he seemed to know what he was talking about), and that as long as I dont run too many amps without cooling that it wont overheat:

Astro definitely knows what he is talking about. Now about the cell on the link. Look at the configuratioan and search the configuration suggested by many that runs cool. With only 4 bipolar and multiple stacks, that cell will run hot and the posibility to thermal runaway after several hours if you do not use a PWM. Also, that depends on your solution mixture, if you run with the norm in here at 28%, you better talk to Shane or Fossil for a well built PWM. But if you run a conservitive mixture and gauge it by adding until you reach your initial amps draw, don't plan on driving very long with that configuration. You want to have at least have 5 bipolar or 6 would be even better if you plan on driving 2-3 hours straight.

That cell design has been around and sold by many new comers. Find out how the equalizing holes are arrange and how big? If they are align with each other, that's how that cell was designed originally and those who copied it never done the test to make it ifficient compare what is being practice this days. A simple photo of the plate from the maker should be easy to get if he wants to sell those units. When you get one post is. I guaranty you the holes are aligned and big.

To make sure that maker is up to date, ask him about Weld 16 and voltage leakage.

xanaro
04-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Thank you so much for your response. I obviously need to read more about the different designs it seems. I will ask him those questions. Thanks again.

xanaro
05-03-2011, 04:08 PM
So I asked:

how are the equalizing holes arrange and what size are they? Are they align with each other? Do you have a photo of the plates? Basically wanting to know how the holes are aligned and how big they are.

Thanks again!

and the response I received was:

The plate holes line up with the inlet and outlet holes on the cell. Sorry, giving the design of the plates on the Internet is something we can not do. The design has been patented and isn't given out. It isn't just the design, but also the process of preparing the plates as well. The plates go through a special process to enhance the HHO production. This has been a 4 year adventure and is proven out design. There are people out there to lazy to do the experimenting for themselves and try to steal other peoples hard work. That's why we don't put the plate design out there.

With a response like this I think your probably right, because honestly if somebody wanted to steal the design they could just buy one of his cells and pop it open.