PDA

View Full Version : Idea.. Extra engine coilpack??

donsimpson12
07-31-2008, 02:56 PM
Has anyone tried this???

1st off, has anyone tried driving there generator with a sparkplug wire??

Secondly, if this creates bubbles, then I wonder if a person were to get an extra coilpack assembly and "T" it off the existing system??

Don

HYDROTEKPRO
07-31-2008, 04:07 PM
Has anyone tried this???

1st off, has anyone tried driving there generator with a sparkplug wire??

Secondly, if this creates bubbles, then I wonder if a person were to get an extra coilpack assembly and "T" it off the existing system??

Don

THAT sounds real interesting! The EMF (Electro-Magnetic-Field) introduced into the current by the coil should be a positive factor as well.

And wouldn't that be pulsed, and wouldn't current to the electrolyzer be proportionate to RPMs, and therefore wouldn't HHO output be proportionate to RPMs as well?

In theory it sounds excellent! We just might have to try that one out!:D

donsimpson12
07-31-2008, 04:48 PM
That's exactly what I've been wrapping my brain around with today...

It might be a good setup..

mario brito
07-31-2008, 06:40 PM
if i understood this idea correctly, we get the power from the sparkplug wires, right ?

i think there's a problem with that. a sparkplug works with high voltages, somewhere around 40.000V to 100.000V to create a good electric arck ( spelling ? ) between poles. i don't know the Amps, but i think it's around 4-6 A.

as i read here before, any voltage beyond 1.5-2.0V per plate will just help heating the water and not producing HHO. so, we would be wasting lost of power.

besides that, we can not connect all sparkplug's wires to a single cell because we would be "firing" all the engine's sparkplugs at the same time ! one solution would be to have a cell for each sparkplug, but that means that V6 and V8 would need 6 and 8 independent cells...

another problem could be the power "draining" from the sparkplug. would it still be able to make a spark ?

thanks

jimbo40
07-31-2008, 11:04 PM
No you would have a second coil hooked up the same as the first, piggy back if you will, so it fires at the same rate as to the original, Only the original spark lead is going to the distibuter and the piggy back coil spark lead would be going to the pos. lead on the hydro generator, and the neg would obviously go to ground as usual.
You would have 20,000 volt in a pulse going to your hho gen.
This is SO worth a try.
I can't do it because both my tundra and sequoia have 8 seperate coils 1 for each cylinder

Dewayne
07-31-2008, 11:14 PM
I don't think it will work. You need at least 15A's of current. As little as 60ma can kill you and
i've never heard of anyone dying from the ignition system of a car. So I'm guessing it's less than 60ma.

1973dodger
08-01-2008, 12:31 AM
I don't think it will work. You need at least 15A's of current. As little as 60ma can kill you and
i've never heard of anyone dying from the ignition system of a car. So I'm guessing it's less than 60ma.

I to have thought about this , just not sure how to set it up. I do understand the higher amps are needed on a 12 volt system, but usually the higher the voltage, the lower the amperage needed to run or power up the cell, since the voltage is what pushes the current, resistence is lowered. But I no expert, just one guy's opinion.

1973 dodger

jimbo40
08-01-2008, 07:27 AM
20,000 volts may travel right throught our cells leaving hho behind.
What if it's a break through?
Why not try it? If everyone said nohh it aint gonna work cuz you need this and you need that, we would still be lighting our fires with flint.
We don't know what Stanley Meyers was cooking up in 1984, and all the things he tried.

dennis13030
08-01-2008, 09:44 AM
This sounds like it is worth trying.

On a regular vehicle, the motor sends a signal telling the coil when to charge up and when to discharge. The distributor sends a coil discharge to the correct spark plug.

If we used a second coil and used the same charge/discharge signal, then we would have a pulsing high voltage source available. I would not use a distributor with the second coil. I would send all coil discharges to the anode of the electrolyzer.

The electrolyzer will most likely have to be changed from standard designs today. You would have to go more resistive with the electrolyte by using straight tap water or distilled water. You may have to go with larger plate spacing. You may have to go with a very high plate count using loads of neutral plates.

HYDROTEKPRO
08-01-2008, 11:00 AM
This sounds like it is worth trying.

On a regular vehicle, the motor sends a signal telling the coil when to charge up and when to discharge. The distributor sends a coil discharge to the correct spark plug.

If we used a second coil and used the same charge/discharge signal, then we would have a pulsing high voltage source available. I would not use a distributor with the second coil. I would send all coil discharges to the anode of the electrolyzer.

The electrolyzer will most likely have to be changed from standard designs today. You would have to go more resistive with the electrolyte by using straight tap water or distilled water. You may have to go with larger plate spacing. You may have to go with a very high plate count using loads of neutral plates.

OR, you could just hook up the damn coil on your electrolyzer power line, nice, simple, and easy. And it could work fantastic! It is was that easy, would it be a problem?

donsimpson12
08-01-2008, 11:02 AM
If no one beats me to the punch, I'm gonna give if a try...

For a simple test, I think I'll just take a plug wire of a cavalier and run it to a generator. I was thinking that I'll need to make generator changes, but for a simple initial test, the car can have a miss for a few minutes.. ;-)

Hopefully I'll have this tested over the next week or so..

HYDROTEKPRO
08-01-2008, 11:09 AM
This really sounds like it has tremendous potential.

I wouldn't be surprised if somebody here did a couple of initial tests today or tomorrow.

Dewayne
08-01-2008, 11:33 AM
OR, you could just hook up the damn coil on your electrolyzer power line, nice, simple, and easy. And it could work fantastic! It is was that easy, would it be a problem?

What a great idea. That way you have your own PWM that varies with engine RPM.

Smith03Jetta
08-01-2008, 12:02 PM
The only potential for DANGER that I see is the possibility that you could have a high intensity spark created in your electrolyzer if your plates ground out or you run low on water. The HHO in the electrolyzer could ignite and blow to smithereens. The gap on our electrolyzer plates are close enough together to carry a spark given the high voltage of an automotive coil. You won't get a spark if the water level drops too low on our normal low voltage systems...

Please be careful and be sure to test what happens when you let the water level drop too low for the electricity to go through the electrolyte. Just stand behind a blast shield when you do it.

Q-Hack!
08-01-2008, 12:49 PM
The only potential for DANGER that I see is the possibility that you could have a high intensity spark created in your electrolyzer if your plates ground out or you run low on water. The HHO in the electrolyzer could ignite and blow to smithereens. The gap on our electrolyzer plates are close enough together to carry a spark given the high voltage of an automotive coil. You won't get a spark if the water level drops too low on our normal low voltage systems...

Please be careful and be sure to test what happens when you let the water level drop too low for the electricity to go through the electrolyte. Just stand behind a blast shield when you do it.

Yes, this has the potential of being very dangerous. I would also propose a theory... I believe the more neutral plates that are added to the system the more the voltage drops across each plate. This should be the same in both the electrolyte as well as free air. The more you can bring down the voltage the less likely to arc over free air.

RMForbes
08-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Sounds interesting but voltage may be too high and allow for sparks to jump between plates. Adding a ceramic resistor to the curcuit could fix be a simple fix for this problem.

mario brito
08-01-2008, 01:48 PM
No you would have a second coil hooked up the same as the first, piggy back if you will, so it fires at the same rate as to the original, Only the original spark lead is going to the distibuter and the piggy back coil spark lead would be going to the pos. lead on the hydro generator, and the neg would obviously go to ground as usual.
You would have 20,000 volt in a pulse going to your hho gen.
This is SO worth a try.
I can't do it because both my tundra and sequoia have 8 seperate coils 1 for each cylinder

GOOD solution ! did not thought of that :)

smith : excelent point ! we could figure out how much can a electric spark travel between 2 poles with the max V a sparkplug could work, and space the plates a little more then that distance, but i think it would always be dangerous.

thanks

snapper1d
08-01-2008, 03:00 PM
I am not to sure that you would get an arc thru between the plates but I guess it is possible.The electrolyte would give your water the least resistance through your water.Here's something I was thinking on the pulse.You cant use a spark plug or the distributor because your generator would take the currant away from your spark plugs.Now in your distributor,lets say a point type to keep this simple,the cam opens and closes to give currant to go to your coil to get your spark.Now if you used a pmw to send the currant to your coil as a pulse and then your coil steps it up and go to your generator.I have got one finger in one ear so all this thinking stops inside and does not go strait thru.

jimbo40
08-01-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm thinking as long as there is some water touching all the plates, that will be the path of the charge. the voltage will take the path of least resistance and that is through the water.
Ever have a fouled spark plug? It's wet with gas and or water, and will not spark, even though there is still a gap in the plug, the charge follows the water or gas and grounds itself out. Plus if there is any water making contact, there will not be enough free voltage to arc.
Also you could use a fully submerged cell like I have in the magdrive.
It uses convection from a raised resevour, as the cell cranks out gas it pulls cooler water in from the resevour, So as long as the seperate container has water, the cells are submerged completely.

wljohns
08-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Here is an early pic from dingles unit.
Notice the two coils above the unit.

donsimpson12
08-03-2008, 08:44 AM
Has anyone messed with this yet??

wljohns
08-03-2008, 10:02 AM
I kinda tried but the coil I was using was no good. It barely gave a spark out side from a plug. So if I can find another one "cheap" I will but no real timetable here. Wife says it is time to remodel the bathroom.

John79
08-04-2008, 10:33 PM
I tried but it doesn't work I didn't even get one bubble from my cell. Probably not enough amps. Stanley Meyers was working on a system that used high volts and low amps but his electronics were alot more complex than a simple ignition coil

donsimpson12
08-13-2008, 07:16 AM
I tried but it doesn't work I didn't even get one bubble from my cell. Probably not enough amps. Stanley Meyers was working on a system that used high volts and low amps but his electronics were alot more complex than a simple ignition coil

How many plates did you use? I was thinking that just two plates should be used if driving from one plug wire.

candyman55
08-13-2008, 08:39 AM
I tried what you guys are talking about. I used a Ballast from HID Lights with a max of 8 amps and 2300 volts not a sinlgle bubble. I didn't have time to go any farther than the initial test so I quit on it.

donsimpson12
08-13-2008, 09:17 AM
Well crap... I was hoping to hear some good news..

I'm getting closer to doing some testing with this as well.. After some tests and variations, I'll let you know my findings as well..

Thanks
Don

joker5483
08-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Hey guys,

I have had experience with this in my job. Electrolysis is possible at high voltage with high heat production. But you need a continuous voltage of around 75kv combined with a high frequency resonance modulator. This method is incredibly difficult to put into anything mobile because of the power souce is hard to regulate. Also this system needs a good stationary base inorder to work efficiently because of the possibilty of ignition from the movement or sloshing of the fluid. On the up side this process does a high volume of gas because of the higher efficiency of electrolysis at high tempatures.

donsimpson12
08-27-2008, 01:05 PM
Not being a super electronics dude, but couldn't we drive the voltage into a capacitor that's hooked to the cell. The capacitor could stabilize the voltage.. ??? Maybe that capacitor would be too large??

smartHHO
08-27-2008, 02:51 PM
GOOD solution ! did not thought of that :)

smith : excelent point ! we could figure out how much can a electric spark travel between 2 poles with the max V a sparkplug could work, and space the plates a little more then that distance, but i think it would always be dangerous.

thanks

I work with electronics in the semiconductor feild. There is a distance for how much voltage.

here is a link I found on the web for those that want to try this method. No remember, this is what an arc can travel when it's dry. In a gen you have humidity, so it will be cut down severly.

http://www.kronjaeger.com/hv-old/hv/tbl/measure.html