PDA

View Full Version : tossing around a few newb ideas

Shaggysan
03-17-2011, 06:20 PM
I am starting my first wet cell plate project and I have a few ideas to throw out to see what you guys think. I'm still going to finish my test cell as planned but had a few additional ideas while designing my current project. I just had to throw these ideas out there to others that have already gone thru the trial and error process of cell design. I did a search and didnt see any other posts on these ideas. These are just ideas, I am no expert in any field just a guy with an idea I cant get out of my head. These ideas are just generalized and for the sake of not putting anybody asleep i just kept the descriptions simple.

1: What are your thoughts on using wide mouth stainless water bottles as the fuel cell container and using stainless or titanium round washers as the plates?

Ive seen where people use them as bubblers but I want it to house the cell. With the cell stack hanging vertically off the lid. I know the main drawback might be the lack of visibility of seeing how the cell is performing. Advantage would be a cheap durable container. Heatsink fins could be added on the outside to aid in cooling.

2: My next brainstorm is ditching the standard cell design completely and using a modified fuel injector to act as the "cell" and create the HHO. Or creating a micro cell between OEM injectors and the intake or between OEM injectors and the fuel rail

My thought process behind this was the idea of retrofitting into vehicles currently on the market. Using HHO as the only fuel source. I was thinking that it might be possible to use the current setup of the vehicles gas tank(to house the water), fuel lines(to move water to the engine), and injectors (to regulate flow and break the water apart). Injectors and fuel rail would be modified with each injector acting as a fuel cell breaking the water apart on demand and pushing the HHO directly into the intake. Or in a direct injection motor, directly to the cylinder. You could still have intake flashback issues but you eliminate having to install your cell in the passenger compartment or trunk as some people have done. You would also save precious under hood space by not having a big cell or water tank.

3: I saw a video where someone used a device to in their cell to break down the smaller HHO bubbles into bigger bubble in the cell and eliminate the "foaming" that occurs in wet cells. Any thoughts on whether or not a modified fogger or ultrasonic cleaner device could generate the same result.

4: My last crazy idea was based off of seeing people use modified pc power supplies to power their cells. My idea was using a cell the size of a hard drive and then housing each cell in a sort of removable hard drive bay. And housing the bays in a pc case. Then the cell would be modular and can add cells as needed depending on the size and demand of the engine. the rest of the case would house the water tank and bubbler. Unit could then be vehicle mounted and self contained in one case or box, or be a free standing box to supply fuel to a stationary motor or generator.

lhazleton
03-18-2011, 03:36 PM
You've got some ideas, but obviously haven't really 'gotten it' yet.
1) Wet-cell reactors are not only the most inefficient design, but they're bombs just waiting to ultimately explode.
2) The 'washer' idea is old & sucks.
3) There's no way to make a reactor out of a fuel injector.
4) As far as the bubbles go, the idea is to use bubblers to make the gas bubbles as small as possible to help scrubbing.
5) PC power supplies only supply 12vdc & extremely low current. At least use a variable real power supply capable of 50 amps or so.
6) Do some research on HHO before you get yourself or someone else hurt. I'm not trying to sound like a prick, but this stuff can be dangerous if it's not done correctly.
After studying what others have done that actually works, come back and we'll give you all the assistance we can.