PDA

View Full Version : Venturi effect for HHO injection?

Jaxom
07-31-2008, 01:47 PM
I've seen a few posts lately about running a cell under vacuum and how to do so without using an electric pump that could easily ignite the HHO. I'm against hooking manifold vacuum to the cell for various reasons, but I did come up with another way. The answer is to use a flow venturi in the airstream just before the throttle valve. I can see a few benifits to this method:

1. The suction applied to the cell is directly proportional to the airflow into the engine, therefore as engine load increases, so will HHO flow.
2. No arcing parts to risk igniting the HHO.
3. Simplicity: no moving parts, only a venturi mounted inside the existing air duct.

The only catch is finding one that's the appropriate size/shape for this purpose.

For those who may not know what a venturi is here's the run-down: It's just a tube with a restriction that increases the velocity of the airflow, followed by a port that is located so that the airflow creates a suction on the port. They are commonly used with pressure washers to draw detergents into the water stream. This is also the device which carburetors use to pull fuel into the airstream.

Any thoughts?

shovel52
07-31-2008, 03:13 PM
That was me, thanks, I was just about to start a new thread on this very subject. That is what we need, but I have no idea what your device looks like. You did describe it well. I wonder what other items would have one besides a pressure washer? And by the way I was not proposing to use an electric pump but a mechanical pump like your
smog control air pump to pull a vacuum on the cell. Again I will ask would a
mechanicl pump as I described seem dangerous? I do know a guy that has a pressure washer that doesn,t work. I'll see if he wants to get rid of it.

shovel52
07-31-2008, 03:34 PM
http://www.graham-laming.com/bd/venturi/venturi.htm

I just did a search for homemade venturi and here is a link to one. Look at the one using the copper tubing this could be done using aluminum foil to shape it and then applying a coat of fiberglass to finish, or beat one out of brass drain pipe. it could be made any size, and it would have to be placed close to the carb though to get strong enough pull.