PDA

View Full Version : Cell configuration + | | | | | - suittable ? ?

Mario_Shinobi
03-12-2011, 10:42 PM
Ok guys, I was reading the forum from bit time now and stopped my self on one design. Is the configuration + | | | | | - suittable if I use the 12v car battery. The amount of gas I need is ruffly around 0.5 lpm. Is only one stack needed or higher number of them is better ?

On the other hand is it better to connect the cell to the alternator of the car so I can have the needed quantity of gas compared to the rpm of the engine ?
Eather way I understood that the whole deal sits on try/error type, but advices are needed.

Thanks, have a nice time :)

R&D4me
03-13-2011, 05:08 AM
Well, 1st. what size/ type cells are you going to use????

Where on your alternator are u wanting to hook it up? (Not advised unless you have done the math)

Because if it's 2x3" u might get 1.5 BPS (BUBBLES PER SECOND W/ 5/16" hose).... (j/k, sorry had to through that in for humor ;)

hukhum.... ah, what size cells, and spacing?:):confused:

Somebody please correct me if I;m wrong, but isn't this a 7 plate w/ 5 neutrals?.... yes?

Mario_Shinobi
03-13-2011, 06:57 AM
yes, exact - 7 plates with 5 neutrals. I figured it that way cuzz the firs way I wanned to do it was +-+-+-....etc. After reading a little bit i found out that that is a more heater than H generator configuration.
The dimensions of the plates are 5x10inch with one hole in the bottom and one placed in the up par of the plate.Spacing- 3mm. The diameter of the holes is 10mm
I will show you exactly were I will connect the cell to the alternator in pics later .

If corrections need to be done, please tell me . I appriciate it.
The quantity I`m aiming at is 0,5lpm

lhazleton
03-13-2011, 03:00 PM
Mario,
Make sure that your bottom holes (electrolyte) are staggered. They should be as far from each other as possible on the bottom. The top holes (gas) should be aligned.

Mario_Shinobi
03-13-2011, 08:53 PM
Thanks lhazleton, but can you define staggered with some few more words, couse as I said before ENG is not my best. Does it means not in one line , out of order, but still in the bottom ?

And again - is ''+ | | | | | -'' enough when I`m aiming the .5lpm. Yesturday i got some data from the alternator. It produces 14,3 V. I should consider that too man :eek:

lhazleton
03-14-2011, 06:09 AM
Exactly. If you think of you plate as the face of a clock, alternate your bottom holes at 5 & 7 O'clock (bottom right, next bottom left, bottom right, etc.).

Mario_Shinobi
03-14-2011, 10:06 AM
Ok, thanks. I`ll consider that as must do . After I install it and run some tests i will give the info about it`s economy or noteconomy....

lhazleton
03-14-2011, 12:34 PM
I was just thinking.....be sure to prepare the plates properly before conditioning them. Either media-blast them with #80 aluminum oxide or cross sand (preferably with a belt sander).

Mario_Shinobi
03-15-2011, 12:09 AM
does that trick increases efficiensy ?

lhazleton
03-15-2011, 03:00 AM
does that trick increases efficiensy ?

Very much so. Every little scratch acts like an edge.

Bill_rouit
03-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Mario, I saw your post accidently, and just wanted to share this:
I built a cell 6"*6" , (that means that the surface is smaller than yours),
I sandblasted the plates, and the production is much more than you intend to achieve. i get 1.5 lpm at 15 amps, and after some hours when it gets hot, it goes more than 2 lpm at 23 amps. so, in case you need only 0.5 lpm, you rather reduce the surface or put a very little of electrolyte.

R&D4me
03-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Very much so. Every little scratch acts like an edge.

This was something I kept forgetting to ask, I have a sandblaster. amd I was going to blow some glass on them. Thanks for that response! I've been real curious about that.

Mario_Shinobi
03-15-2011, 08:32 PM
Mario, I saw your post accidently, and just wanted to share this:
I built a cell 6"*6" , (that means that the surface is smaller than yours),
I sandblasted the plates, and the production is much more than you intend to achieve. i get 1.5 lpm at 15 amps, and after some hours when it gets hot, it goes more than 2 lpm at 23 amps. so, in case you need only 0.5 lpm, you rather reduce the surface or put a very little of electrolyte.

Which is the better choise there Bill ? Reduce surface or reducing electrlyte ?

lhazleton
03-16-2011, 04:06 AM
When you media blast the plates, don't use glass. Use 70 grit aluminum oxide instead. You want the surface area rough, not smooth & shiny.
To get only .5LPM production, use a weak electrolyte mix and strenghten until it's just right. BTW, why do you only want to produce .5LPM? Is the engine only one liter?

Mario_Shinobi
03-18-2011, 09:20 AM
Yeah... the engine is exactly 0.950L . 4 cylinders, monoinjection, 45 hp.. My beast :D . I bought it just for the dry cell

lhazleton
03-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Be careful with all that power!:D