PDA

View Full Version : Acetone mixing with HHO in the bubbler. Safe and efficient?

borescopeit
03-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Hello guys,
I am wondering for awhile about crazy idea I came up with: Acetone mixing with HHO in the bubbler.

I am pretty sure if mixing HHO with vapors of Acetone (gets combusted very fast and powerful) right in the bubbler would make the mixture more combustible than just HHO alone. Acetone naturally vaporizes very fast on its own so its mixing with bubbling HHO through Acetone will occur naturally without any additional help.

BWT, many safety questions are rising here:
1. Compatibility of Acetone (acetic) with HHO (neutral) and KOH (alkaline). Will it react without crystalization, heat raise, explosion?
2. Will the brass fittings, pvc hoses, flashback devices, rubber hoses in turbo charge system, aluminum parts in the engine, etc. withstand this agressive mix of acetone + HHO gas?
3. Will acetone filter out KOH in the bubbler?
4. ???

Please share with me what you think about this crazy/stupid idea?
I am afraid to try it yet. Do not want to leave my wife a widow and four kids as orphans. ;(

myoldyourgold
03-07-2011, 12:54 PM
I can only share the fact that if you have a flammable mixture in your bubbler to be safe you need to have a flash pot on the bubbler and a flash back arrestor before the bubbler between the bubbler and the reservior. Because the HHO has its own O2 the flame is carried through the liquid flowing the HHO right back to the the reservoir if you don't. At least that is what happened when I was testing. With a flash pot and then the flash back arrestor it stops with one or some times two pops. With just water the water puts out the flame but with a combustible liquid it catches on fire because of the O2 in the HHO. Be safe!!!