PDA

View Full Version : Something for nothing ?

iamcroweman
03-06-2011, 05:21 AM
Hey everybody !
First off let me state that I really love all the ideas and discussion on this forum, I am getting enlightened very much about hho systems and hope to build a working model soon. Please take into consideration that I am a total "Newbie" and forgive any ignorance on my part about the generation of hho as to cell design , amps , volts etc.
I do feel some consideration should be considered before hooking up "current hogging equipment" to today's cars. Most systems utilize a 100A to 120A alternator that is pulse width modulated by the PCM to control output and battery temp. Cars today are loaded with things like seat warmers , window defoggers, power this and power that , and around 7 different control units so it would not be to difficult to overload and alternator and kill it. We see the people who love LOUD music do this quiet often.
My normal commute to and from work consist of driving 9 miles to work , parking the car and then driving 9 miles home.
Since ol' Albert told us that matter and energy has to be conserved and I would like to get something for nothing , I am considering installing a small utility (riding mower) battery in my vehicle to run the hho generator off of. Then when the car was parked it could be recharged by a solar panel. thus no load on the engine (and no risk to the car's electronics) to produce the hho. Hopefully , this summer will give me some time to read more and design a cell that will use the available wattage of the battery to it's optimum for my commute. Any suggestions ?

BioFarmer93
03-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Hey everybody !
First off let me state that I really love all the ideas and discussion on this forum, I am getting enlightened very much about hho systems and hope to build a working model soon. Please take into consideration that I am a total "Newbie" and forgive any ignorance on my part about the generation of hho as to cell design , amps , volts etc.
I do feel some consideration should be considered before hooking up "current hogging equipment" to today's cars. Most systems utilize a 100A to 120A alternator that is pulse width modulated by the PCM to control output and battery temp. Cars today are loaded with things like seat warmers , window defoggers, power this and power that , and around 7 different control units so it would not be to difficult to overload and alternator and kill it. We see the people who love LOUD music do this quiet often.
My normal commute to and from work consist of driving 9 miles to work , parking the car and then driving 9 miles home.
Since ol' Albert told us that matter and energy has to be conserved and I would like to get something for nothing , I am considering installing a small utility (riding mower) battery in my vehicle to run the hho generator off of. Then when the car was parked it could be recharged by a solar panel. thus no load on the engine (and no risk to the car's electronics) to produce the hho. Hopefully , this summer will give me some time to read more and design a cell that will use the available wattage of the battery to it's optimum for my commute. Any suggestions ?

Great idea- this was talked about rather extensively a while back and the conclusion was that even using an extension cord & battery charger at home in the evening to recharge your system battery still saved money.
One thing though- go ahead and use a good battery rather than that little mower battery, it will last a lot longer in service and will not suffer as deep a discharge as the small one. I would say a Farm & Truck Group 31 series would serve you well. Look for one with the best AmpHr rating rather than the highest CCA. OR- if you're willing to spend the money, an almost "deep cycle" marine battery of high AmpHr capacity.

Roland Jacques
03-07-2011, 07:45 AM
Yep Yep on Biofarmer's suggestion. I'd add that a pulse type charger would best suite your charging goals, of long battery life and more cost efficient charging.

http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Chapter6.pdf
i have this one http://www.granitedigital.com/aiodc.aspx
http://www.teslachargers.com/products.html?id=aether1

bobnagga
03-21-2011, 11:20 AM
What's up, yall? I'm new to the site and this looks like a good spot to introduce myself.

I've actually been looking at solar charging myself. My grandfather connected his meter up to the panel on top of his 5th wheel and it was putting out 13-odd volts on an overcast day. I've been trying to find a way to get enough hydrogen to run my car, and the problem isn't that you can't make it... It's that the car's 12V system can't keep up.

So I figured a 24V (or more) dedicated circuit, charged by solar cells , and yes, even a plugin charger, might be able to do it... I've seen 1lpm dry cells over the past few days (I'd never heard of a dry cell before a few days ago) and I built a 'proof of concept' dealie last night.

It didn't work, but I ended up pulling all sorts of green nasty corrosion out of the copper tubing. I wasn't getting continuity and I don't know if it was fromt he corrosion or the fact that the tubes were farther than a few millimeters apart... It wasn't based on stacking the plates up like I've seen. It was set up more like a radiator with foot lengths of copper tube connected by rubber hose... Any rate. That's my story, so Hi, yall.

I'm looking to start a full blown project here pretty quick. I have plenty of room in the trunk on the back of the seats for a cell setup... room for another battery in the front, and solar cells are actually pretty cheap if'n you buy them to assemble yourself. I figure with solar charging during the day, the alternator would at the least Seriously slow the time it takes for the batteries to die completely. I don't drive ALL night long, anyways, so it should be golden if I can just find out how much h2 it takes to eliminate the gasoline completely... a C02 cannister from a paintball gun might be in order to help it on acceleration and startup... Okay, I'll stop now.

iamcroweman
03-25-2011, 01:32 AM
All right, scored a free 800cca group 65 battery this week along with 14ea of
4"x4" 316 stainless steel plates. Thoughts are being given to use shower pan liner from Lowes for the gaskets and putting the plates together in a
-nnnnn+nnnnn- configuration dry cell.Since a fully charged auto battery is 12.7 volts and the alternator is not in this circuit this should work. the battery voltage will probably drop pretty quickly with a heavy current draw but only has to last for a 15 min commute before being recharged
Anybody have any idea what output I should have from a cell this size and configuration , or a better gasket material ?

BioFarmer93
03-25-2011, 02:17 AM
The shower pan liner will work, I've used it before, but it's going to be a one shot deal so seal it up well & don't take it apart unless you have to because the heat and KOH do something to that particular PVC recipe to remove its elasticity and dry it out. 4x4 with a 1/2" gasket leaves you 3x3 wet area, minus holes... Not a lot of area so don't be too dissapointed when it doesn't make mass quantities of gas. Why don't you see if you can get 7 more plates to put one more stack on it?

iamcroweman
03-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Going back to the guy I got my ss plates from to ask for a few more or bigger size , hope he needs another favor like a free comp scan !

BioFarmer93
03-25-2011, 03:19 PM
:D:D:D coolness...