PDA

View Full Version : Getting started with HHO

flare561
03-04-2011, 03:43 PM
So with the rise in gas prices, I've started looking for a way to boost the gas mileage in my 1990 Chevy Corsica. I started looking into using hydrogen to give it a slight boost, but I'm just feeling overwhelmed by the information and I can't seem to find a good starting point. I'm hoping you guys can help me out, give me a few links on getting started, learning what I need to do to get it up and running and whatnot. I have a well equipped shop, and a decent knowledge of engines and cars. Any and all help getting started is, of course, appreciated.

WheatBread
03-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Yes I'm kinda in the same boat. About 2 years ago when gas hit $4 a gallon I started my research and learned all about wet cells although I never got around to making one, I still have many different plans to do so. I remember back then the wet cell was all the rage (even here if I remember correctly) and everyone was posting great gains. I understood the wet cell design and how it worked. Now I come back to find wet cells are horrible and I have just a tiny understanding of the dry cell, just from reading some posts here. And all these new acronyms like Eife and PWM or whatever. It would be cool if someone had a simple design for a dry cell and maybe where the parts can be found, also why are these complete dry cells (already made) so expensive? From what I can tell they are very similar from a material standpoint to wet cells. And I understand that newbs need to research but a helping hand is always nice as well.

bobsbbq
03-07-2011, 04:18 PM
I can understand how daunting HHO can seem. Just remember most if not all of the time it is not a plug and drive system. It takes some time, understanding and tuning to get the good gains.

I would suggest doing searches on youtube for Hydrogen cells or Dry cells etc. There are a lot of videos many of which can be made with items from your local Home Depot like Stainless light switch covers. If your on a budget and want to make it your self these are some of the ways to go. If you are serious do more research and purchase a good proven cell and depending on your vehicle some tuning electronics. You can always make your own water reservoir, and bubbler, relay wiring etc. This can help save on some cost.

Just be careful and do some research, and if you find a particular system or cell you like you can always ask here and get some feedback from others.

Unfortunately there is no perfect system for everyone and every car. And even if there were you need to understand the process and tuning anyway to get the most out of your system.