PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Will HHO and EFIE Ruin a Newer Engine??

tcr1016
02-26-2011, 05:41 PM
I have a 07 Chevy engine and thinking of putting HHO on it. But many say I need a EFIE that tricks the sensors. But doesn't this lean the fuel mixture?? If the fuel is leaned, that can cause the engine alot of wear and potential failure. I want my motor to last a long long time and do not want to risk the failure of the motor due to something like HHO. My engine is still under warranty. I will remove the HHO when it needs service, so not to void the warranty.

Has anyone had problems with their motor using HHO?? Can someone explain how the EFIE works and if it does lean the air/fuel?? And exactly how HHO will help or harm the newer engines??

koya1893
02-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Since, I have a newer engine than yours I guess I can share some personal experience to answer your question. first the damaging your engine with HHO, YES, it will if you failed to follow the basics, like a Bubbler (scrubber) to clean the HHO before it enters the intake. Two, if you run you engine way too lean with an EFIE. Third if you wire the system wrong and it keep running even after you turn the ignition off and when you firts start your car the first thing it wants to do is iginite the HHO migrated in the intake. Ask Lee to share at photo with you.

Okay, the EFIE are designed, as you said fool the ECU to think everything is normal. When you induce HHO you promote a clean/efficient burning process during the combustion cyble, hence you will cut down on the carbon emissions and end up with lean (clean exhaust). The O2 will detect that and will want to tell the ECU to schedule more fuel because it is detecting a lean condition. The EFIE is set up to alter the signal to the ECU stating everything is normal, on another hand you can alter the signal well enough to have the ECU schedule less fuel initially. this is easily done if you have a wide band O2 in front (actually they are called AFR) and narrow for the post cat O2. Most newer cars and truck have four O2 this days. My 2009 F-150 has four O2 wide band in front (AFR sensors) and narrow band for the post cats. Controlling the post Cats O2 will yield you better result, the tricky part is finding the setting for the front O2. It can be done, but a lot of testing and trial and error not to mention patient on your part.

I've work with a lot of Ford's, chevy's and a few imports, for the most part chevy's are the easy to overcome and the Honda's 2005 and newer are the hardest to combat. To beat them you really need a well design EFIE that reacts fast enough to the chaning enviroment with HHO being induces.