PDA

View Full Version : mmo titanium cells???

rpatten
02-08-2011, 07:59 AM
Been hunting around for info on these MMO cells as they seem to give a more pure gas but there doesn't seem to be a decent "how to make one guide" from what I can make of it the negatives are the only bit that's titanium the rest is steel? so basically:

titanium negative, 3x neutral steel plates, one positive steel plate, 3x neutral steel plates and a final titanium negative

Is that it? is that an MMO cell?

how comes some people are selling nickle coated plates? It seems that people are moving away from steel?

Bill_rouit
02-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Well, I can give you an answer to that. I've bought cells with mmo coating.
Actually, the small cell has 2 positive and 2 negative plates, with very small dimentions, (4"*2") and the other plates aint neutral, they just exist to decrease the heat.(thats what the seller of those kits claims, if you were looking at safehho.com )
The production of the small cell is around 0.5 lpm at 35 amps, or maybe less. and after some time, the water boils, the amps go down and production goes to half.
I am working with putting some neutral plates inbetween, will let you know if i have any news.

rpatten
02-10-2011, 01:39 AM
so it's not an actual piece of titanium sheet it's just a plate coated in titanium? very confused??
I was going to buy a piece of titanium sheet 200mm X 100mm and just use that?