PDA

View Full Version : Add baking soda with each refill?

BrianM
02-06-2011, 07:16 PM
After the initial set up, when it is time to refill the container with distilled water, should a small amount of baking soda be added with each fill up or just add distilled water.

koya1893
02-07-2011, 06:17 AM
After the initial set up, when it is time to refill the container with distilled water, should a small amount of baking soda be added with each fill up or just add distilled water.

First let say that using baking soda to start with is not a good idea. But if it's the only thing you have access to, you need to be careful with it. I usually wait till 1/2 gl. of distilled was used to refill the system. after that I fill it back up with new solution mixed half the strenght of the original mixture. This is on my system without using a PWM. My initial solution mix is (NaOH) 450mg per 1gl. of distilled water. After 1/2 gl. of refill with straight distilled water, the system is refilled with 225 mg of NaOH per 1gl. of distilled water.

lhazleton
02-07-2011, 10:10 AM
I'm almost afraid to ask: what kind of 'system' are you talking about?

koya1893
02-07-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm almost afraid to ask: what kind of 'system' are you talking about?

I was going to ask that question but I did not want to open another can of debate and hurt my head for asking why are still available in the market (wet cell).