PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Cherokee what kind of milage

dobbs571
01-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Hello I have been reading about HHO generator for a fu mo now. I am wanting to build a dry cell I have a 1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ with a 4.0 L 5 speed dose any one have an HHO system installed on one. And if so what kind of milage do you get and what kind of cell you are useing and how much is it putting out .I have done a search but not much came up . Mostly for latter models with OBD11 mine has OBD1 . Any help please thank you

dobbs571
01-31-2011, 05:20 PM
dose any one have a system set up ?

koya1893
01-31-2011, 06:08 PM
It does not matter whether you have an OBDII or I. Your Jeep should show some gain with 1.5-2lpm, you can achieved that with a well built dry cell. I've ran this configuration -NNNNN+. The key to achieved any gain is: good production and treating the O2's. I believe you only have one O2 and it might be a single wire model, if not either way you need to treat it with a well built EFIE. Check out Fuel saver model "Digital Qaud" model.

having both good production and an EFIE you will see gain around 20-48%. Those are the numbers my clients have experienced. Oh yeah forgot one thing, make sure you use either NaOH or KOH. I like to use NaOH (easy to get around my area). By popularity everyone in the forum use KOH and mixture of 28%. That mixture you'll need the experts on that subject to give the formula.

Another issue to consider is your driving habbit. If you drive long distance, I recommend a 6 to 7 bipolar plates. It will keep your cell cool and use less amps and still run it brute force.

dobbs571
01-31-2011, 06:44 PM
Ok thanks I drive like grampaw not really but I do watch how I drive . I have teek my jeep some planed the head have 9.2 to 1comp . went to 19lb Ford 4 hole injectors,removed the fan installed electric one ,changed fulids thinner fulids I get about 18 to 19 most of the time that city and hwy together.So with an HHO system installed and an o2 sencor or map semcor enhancer I could get a round 26 or better.

koya1893
01-31-2011, 06:50 PM
Forget the MAF enhacer for now. Once you fine tune the EFIE you will not need it. by the way, when you do get an EFIE start with 350mv, it should be easy to find the signal wire on your jeep.

Oh yeah, I hope you did not pay much for the Ford injectors, if anything you want to go with something that will cut down on fuel delivery, hence the EFIE to tell the ECU to cut down on fuel and not to schedule more because of the lean condition the O2 will pick up.

dobbs571
01-31-2011, 07:06 PM
I got the 4 hole injector off ebay cheap like 60 i yhink it was. The 4 hole is to brake up the spray better that the 1 hole the jeep has stock. I was looking to build a 9 plate or 11 plate with 5"x 5 " plates . Not a lot of room under the hood of a jeep Cherokee may put it behind the grill down low and the bubbler by the master cyl and air box would have good flow to the cell that way.