PDA

View Full Version : 12" x 12" Drycell Questions

thubabri
01-24-2011, 02:29 PM
New member who has become consumed by the idea of building a Hydrogen Generator. I have eight 304 ss plates 20 gauge with a 12" x 12" dimensions. Looking on the site I see a good layout would be -NNNNN+ Right?
Or would it be better to have these cut down to 6"x6" to make 32 plates to build with? No immediate plans on putting it on my 7.3L diesel. Still too new to the idea to risk installing on my only ride!
I rather want to make it a table top unit to learn with. Any input on which way to go would help, and also what kind of output could be expected using KOH and distilled water?

Thanks.

BioFarmer93
01-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Thubabri-
Why don't you cut three 4x12 plates from each piece and make a +nnnnnn-nnnnnn+nnnnnn- and then you wont have to worry about a PWM? What year is your 7.3?

koya1893
01-26-2011, 06:48 AM
Don't go too crazy feeding that diesel. If you configured your cell like this: +NNNNN-NNNNN+ and wire them + and - seperately (their own fuse line) it will yield you better result (30% increase) or it you are running a the cell for a long time add another bipolar per stack. With 6 biplor you will be happier and use less amps. Oh yeah, I recently experimented inducing less HHO for this size engine, 1-1.5 lpm is good. No need to overwork a cell to produce large amount, you don't need it.