PDA

View Full Version : any body with hho chip blue volo and others simm

waterbugs
01-17-2011, 08:11 PM
there seem to be popping everywhere on ebay the blue chip with the red light that you hook up to the odb . It's supposed to do it all , the timing, ait, maf or map and oxygen sensor. Does any body got one of this in their vehicle and how is it working. The company that behind all of this is volo and I believe it the fs2 or something just type the word hho . I just or one for about 100 and it's on it's way, I will post back and tell how I do and I hope there's people out there that's already got one in their car and can tell me how they feel about it, Please and thank you.

lhazleton
01-20-2011, 04:48 PM
The Volo FS2's performance seems to vary greatly, depending on whom you ask.
I bought one a year or so ago & I'm still not sure if I like it or not. With all of the changes I've made to my system, I haven't really kept one particular setup running long enough to give it a fair chance. Supposedly, they don't work well on Fords, but who knows?
I do know, however, that they will refund your money if not satisfied. It's nice to see a company that stands behind their product.:)

astrocady
01-24-2011, 07:32 AM
I've been wondering about Volo chips for some time, myself. I've heard reports all over the place, but most negative ones that I've investigated, it didn't seem like they really gave them a chance.

So, I decided to do a test of my own. My wife has a 2005 Kia Spectra with a 2L engine and is fully computer controlled. I ordered a chip for it. I used one of my old test cells that will output up to 2.5 liters and is fairly efficient. I installed the system about a week ago.

But, the Volo chip wouldn't turn on properly. Only one of the status LEDs would light, and it blinked constantly. After a couple of phone calls to the factory with try this and try that, they determined my unit must be defective. A replacement is on the way.

I'll let everyone know more once it arrives and I've had a chance to test it.

Steve

mrbluemoose
04-30-2011, 08:59 PM
I have a 2009 Silverado 2500 HD and got the Volo Chip for it ran it without HHO and got extra 20 miles out of tank full . I then ran it with my hho system and lost 2 miles per gallon it is the f2 hho model it is installed right but think its a rip off see you later $100 buy a good efie for your auto

unitron
05-01-2011, 02:02 PM
have f2 hho model run 3000 miles did resets, lost mpg