PDA

View Full Version : NEW to HHO-Need Help F350 Diesel 6.0L

phoenixrhino2
01-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Hello all,

I'm a new subscriber to the forum and first off "hello".

I have been learking on the board for about month now, gathering information and trying to become somewhat knowledgable in theprocess of HHO generation. I have read several posts, and I may just be as confused now as when I started:confused:

I have a F350 6.0L Diesel and am looking at what is the best way or kit to install on the truck to improve my mileage? I have seen several of these units on EBAY "Single Cell, Double Cell, some with PWM and some without)

I will try and list the items below that seem to be confusing me about installing one of these kits;

1) Are there any reputable companys to order a good kit from?

2) Is a PWM Necessary? and if not, will I have a run-away reactor from heat?

3) According to some of the posts and websites info, should I be looking to generate 6 LPM since I have a 6.0L truck?

4) Can this be done with a single cell, or is 2 smaller cells better for heat?

5) Some of the kits that I have seen have a "Chip" that installs on the OBDII port? Is that somthing that is really required? I guess that I would be concerned about what parameters its changing IE.. leaning out the fuel to much and have pistons overheating?

I know this is allot of questions, but I realize that there way more people more knowledgeable then me on this and it's YOU:rolleyes:

myoldyourgold
01-10-2011, 10:44 PM
Koya1893 should be able to help you.

phoenixrhino2
01-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Koya1893, sent you a email.

Thanks

BioFarmer93
01-18-2011, 05:46 PM
A diesel guy!!

hello all,

i'm a new subscriber to the forum and first off "hello".

I have been learking on the board for about month now, gathering information and trying to become somewhat knowledgable in theprocess of hho generation. I have read several posts, and i may just be as confused now as when i started:confused:

I have a f350 6.0l diesel and am looking at what is the best way or kit to install on the truck to improve my mileage? I have seen several of these units on ebay "single cell, double cell, some with pwm and some without)

i will try and list the items below that seem to be confusing me about installing one of these kits;

1) are there any reputable companys to order a good kit from?
seems like there would have to be, but most of us make our own so we might not be the best source of that particular information.
2) is a pwm necessary? And if not, will i have a run-away reactor from heat?
depends, if you build a tero ranta style reactor (neutral plates) then use 6 neutral plates between each pos and neg plate. Prob want to make them between 50-55 sq. In. Wetted area each. If still running too warm (no pwm scenario) then add 6 more neutrals & one more power plate to take better advantage of available amperage.
3) according to some of the posts and websites info, should i be looking to generate 6 lpm since i have a 6.0l truck?
there are two schools of thought on this, and without going into a long explanation that i'm really not in the mood to type out tonight, i will simply say that in my 7.3 diesel i use as much hho as i can make with four big ass reactors.
4) can this be done with a single cell, or is 2 smaller cells better for heat?
a cell is one positve plate and one neg plate & the electrolyte in between, what you mean is can this be done with one electrolyzer, or one reactor, or one group, or one unit. --and i'll say "probably not" to that question. And yes, tworeactor are better at controlling heat- the way Koya does it.
5) some of the kits that i have seen have a "chip" that installs on the obdii port? Is that somthing that is really required? I guess that i would be concerned about what parameters its changing ie.. Leaning out the fuel to much and have pistons overheating?
no, no chip, they're for gassers- do you really even have an obdii port? Sorry, i have a pre-powerstroke 7.3 (idi, mechanical injection) so i just don't know. Anyway, you have a diesel... You can't lean it out. Mixture of fuel and air works exactly the opposite in a diesel, more fuel/more heat/more speed. Less fuel/less heat/less speed. If you're worried about melting pistons then you are over-fueling (with diesel). What any diesel (turbo'd or N/A) can benefit from is water alcohol injection, post turbo. It makes a little steam during combustion which A.) raises compression B.) lowers egt's & C.) eleminates carbon (soot) buildup, win-win. About the only thing you have to worry about is the split shot injection (did the 6.0's have that?)- you'll prob have to retard your injection a degree or two.
i know this is allot of questions, but i realize that there way more people more knowledgeable then me on this and it's you:rolleyes:

astrocady
01-19-2011, 09:03 AM
Take this for what it's worth because it 2nd or 3rd hand information.

I was talking to a friend across the country yesterday who is in the hho business. He's doing it right and I value his input. Somehow in out conversation it drifted to diesel pickup. He told me he as been getting great results on them, even the new ones, without any electronic intervention -- with one exception. The newer Fords. He went on the elaborate that the old 7.3s responded very well, be he never could get any improvement on the 6.0s which always bugged him.

So, you might want to check around on some Ford forums to see in anyone else is getting good results on that particular engine.

phoenixrhino2
01-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Thank You everyone for your responses to all my questions. I am going to continue to review my options and gain some much needed knowledge about the HHO process before diving into the install. :)

Again I appreciate the assistance.

Thanks

BioFarmer93
01-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Take this for what it's worth because it 2nd or 3rd hand information.

I was talking to a friend across the country yesterday who is in the hho business. He's doing it right and I value his input. Somehow in out conversation it drifted to diesel pickup. He told me he as been getting great results on them, even the new ones, without any electronic intervention -- with one exception. The newer Fords. He went on the elaborate that the old 7.3s responded very well, be he never could get any improvement on the 6.0s which always bugged him.

So, you might want to check around on some Ford forums to see in anyone else is getting good results on that particular engine.

AAWWWWwwww, JEEEEZZZZ Steve... You scared him away..;)

lhazleton
01-20-2011, 07:02 AM
Thank You everyone for your responses to all my questions. I am going to continue to review my options and gain some much needed knowledge about the HHO process before diving into the install. :)

Again I appreciate the assistance.

Thanks

Gaining knowledge before diving in is one of the smartest moves to make!
Too many people will start installing stuff without understanding the entire process, and then complain when things don't work as expected.