PDA

View Full Version : help on No change in MPG

aks1961
12-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Dear All,
I have just installed one dry cell 11 plates in my maruti omni, BTW I am in India so might surprise few guys about the model. Just to clear about the vehicle it is petrol engine 800 cc carburetor no computer no O2 sensor. I tested the gas output it is around 1 lpm and I even tested the gas by burning out from the bubbler so no Q of steam my cell is not very hot even after 2 hours of running.
I inserted the HHO inlet after the air filter and before the carburetor.
The problem no change in MPG? I got 20 Km/liter before HHO and 19.6 after HHO may be the slight loss might be due to idle running of the engine. this was tested for almost 500 Kms.
Can any one help me what could be the problem?
I do feel the difference in cranking of the engine, it is smoother then earlier, it gets quick accelerated, so gas is there but where is the mileage?

lhazleton
12-02-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm not going to get into all of the technical details, but the introduction of HHO creates a faster burn rate. You need to retard the static timing so the spark fires later in the stroke. Start with 2 degree increments until you get a good balance of performance and economy.

farmer
01-27-2011, 03:29 PM
you also need to check the amp draw, i find its a balancing act with the electrolite(until i get my pwm) to get full efficency ..about 10-12 amps cold seems to work for me