PDA

View Full Version : anybody with hho in vw question

waterbugs
11-20-2010, 11:54 AM
I have a 99 vw beetle and have problem with hho, the dame engine dies on me at idle with hho. Do you or know anybody with hho in the more modern gasoline engine vw that's running i with no problem please help me out with my problem. I think it running too rich and I must not hook up the sensor enhancer right or something

lhazleton
11-20-2010, 12:05 PM
What kind of 'sensor enhancer' are you using?

waterbugs
11-20-2010, 12:21 PM
my check engine lights is on every since I hooked up the iat little unit that I paid only 20 dollars for. Now it's off the car and I got this digital enhancer that control oxy sensorand maf. No matter how I adjust the efie or the maf the dame thing will flood the gasoline mixture and kill the engine at idle, The dame exhaust smell like sh... This is not helping the enviroment , it's doing the opposite. I think my iat is mess up from not hooking it up right or the p.o.s. was cheap stuff the distroyed my iat because the engine check lights is now all the time any the reading says its the iat problem. So should I replace the iat and try the thing all over.

lhazleton
11-20-2010, 01:03 PM
OK, your saying that you have an enhancer that allows you to adjust the MAF and O2 sensors that cost you $20? It must be crap!

You need a digital EFIE for the O2 sensors. If you feel the need to use a MAF enhancer, be careful. These trick the ECU into thinking there is less air coming into the intake & will really lean out the A/F ratio. Easy way to fry an engine. You should really have an EGT (exhaust gas temp.) gauge installed before anything else.

waterbugs
11-20-2010, 03:37 PM
my iat is 20 dollars not the efie and the maf. My check engine lights on indicating problem with iat, should I fix that problem first b4 I start getting back to playing with the efie. What is an exhaust temperture gauge, It's sound expensive.

lhazleton
11-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Definitely fix any problems first. An EGT gauge is only around 30-50 bucks. I feel it's the single most important gauge you can have. Install it when everything is 'stock' and make a mental note of the temp. ranges. This way, you can keep an eye on how the engine is doing once you start adding a HOD system, EFIE, MAF enhancer,etc..

farmer
11-21-2010, 01:57 PM
deffo sort out all fault lights first, also is it possible you've got to much current draw from the alternator causing the car to cut out at low revs?
dunno..just a thought as current draw seems to be the balancing act for good/bad results