PDA

View Full Version : Too Much HHO???

tcr1016
10-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Is there such a thing as too much HHO?? Say I have a 5.0L motor and my HHO reactors produce 7LPM, would that cause damage to the engine??? Would it benefit or harm the engine??

Does anyone run more that 2LPM (HHO) per L of the motor size?? What results do you get??

Roland Jacques
10-18-2010, 12:01 AM
There is a point of diminishing return for the standard HHO boosting. Where that is? varies case by case. different types of cells, different types of cars, ...

id start at 1/4 LPM per litter of displacement. measure gains. then try 1/2 LPM and so on. when and if you start going the wrong way you no were to stop.

As Far as to much damaging the engine this is rare. My mentor ruined 2 engines with Too much HHO. But what he was doing was waaay out of main stream boosting, not likely for most of us. I use a Exhaust Gas Temp Gauge for monitoring my engine for potential damage ranges.

yikes
11-11-2010, 10:09 AM
On my 1.6 liter, I ran at 5 lpm and at high rpm the engine would "buck". As long as I kept the rpm's under 5k everything was okay. I calmed the brick down to making 3 lpm and had no further problems.

lhazleton
11-11-2010, 11:03 AM
For a 1.6L engine, you should only induce around 800ml.per minute.

yikes
11-11-2010, 03:09 PM
And why is that?

lhazleton
11-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Do a bit of research. Basically, any hydroxy output over 1/2 the engine displacement is a waste.

Roland Jacques
11-11-2010, 09:09 PM
On my 1.6 liter, I ran at 5 lpm and at high rpm the engine would "buck". As long as I kept the rpm's under 5k everything was okay. I calmed the brick down to making 3 lpm and had no further problems.

Your 5 lpm with your car is most likely causing early ignition the further advance your timing moves the more likely this is to happen. Most cars antiknock sensor keeps that from happening. if you can retard your timing that might take care of that.

That still has nothing to do with diminishing returns on your amount of hho. You need to find the sweet spot. Drawing tons of amps to make extra HHO can tax your engine & alternator to the point where you loose performance. Sometimes less is better.

yikes
11-13-2010, 08:48 PM
Drawing tons of amps to make extra HHO can tax

You are correct, I get the 5 lpm at 22 amp and get the 3 at 14 amp. For long term testing I use 4 amp up to 20 in the car. My first 2 year test was completed last year. I am running the second test now.
I only answered the OP question, I did not mean to jack this thread.

Roland Jacques
11-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Drawing tons of amps to make extra HHO can tax

You are correct, I get the 5 lpm at 22 amp and get the 3 at 14 amp. For long term testing I use 4 amp up to 20 in the car. My first 2 year test was completed last year. I am running the second test now.
I only answered the OP question, I did not mean to jack this thread.

If your system truly is the efficient you are way ahead of the game. Id like to know how your system produces that much gas at that amperage? I can tell you that most who claim that kind of efficiency are measuring something wrong or have a bunch of steam.

loveamour
08-02-2012, 02:09 AM
how many mileage did you get please ?