PDA

View Full Version : Suds in gas out, using 21 plate only gettin .7lpm

upstateholdings
10-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Hey ive spent the last day or two all over this forum, very helpful so i took another crack at the hho setup ive had but havent been able to get to work. Bought a 21 plate 6"x8" wired +NNNN-NNNN+NNNN-NNNN+ from liberty industires on ebay. First time i got it i used baking soda and i guess messed it up, getting brown water. Sent it back had him clean it up and upgrade it to the 21 plate (was 16 at the time). Tried it with the 2 tbsp KOH as he said and got next to nothing.

Now today i listened to the threads on here and used 1.2 lbs for about half gal distilled water. Got pretty warm and softened up the 1 gal jug i was using. picture below of setup out of car (camera phone). Hooked up all wires under wire nut to 10 ga wire and hooked to truck battery in my f350. Wires not secured that well but good enough to put out power. Does how well they are secured really make a difference ? Running setup out of car as i want to make sure it works right before i install.

Getting much better output then before, but still not nearly enough for this cell. Guy has video of him running about 4 Lpm through this same cell under ardentscientist on youtude. Im getting about .7-.8LPM best guess. Inflates 20oz bottle in about 30 seconds when its cranking. Puts out an ok amount of gas out into the res again, but kinda one large bubble at a time into the bubbler then out the top of bubbler into 5 gallon pail as one large buble versus constant little ones. After about 10-15 minutes i start to see the gas out side of the cell a little foamy, kind of like soap suds would look in the gas out line. Still bubbles up into the res but now there are some suds in my res too.

Is this normal at all for the suds ? What do i check first to see why gas output is so low ? I dont have an amp meter yet to see what its pulling amp wise, any other way of making sure its pulling enough juice for optimum output or do i really need the multimeter or adjustable power supply ?

Long post but i wanted to try and cover all my bases to make helping me out as easy as possible, any help appreciated thanks

lhazleton
10-03-2010, 02:51 PM
First off, a 21 plate 6x8 reactor should be putting out at least 2LPM at with your KOH concentration if everything is done correctly.
All electrical connections should be soldered, and a amp meter is a basic necessity.
With the reactor warmed up and running, spray Windex or some other soapy solution all over everything to ensure that you don't have any leaks, especially around the gaskets and hose connections.
Is your setup connected to the battery in a running car? If not, try it. Connecting to a battery that doesn't have the alternators power going to it will produce much less.

upstateholdings
10-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Ihazelton - Thanks for the input, im aware it should be doing more then this as well. Setup was connected to running car, but 10gauge wire was just kinda stuck in the terminal to get power moving. I will get proper connectors and solder stick in next couple days, as well as amp meter and check it out again and get back on here. Connected to the cell plates now with those crimp slide on connectors, will solder 10 gauge wire to the plate ? Then run to car battery. I want to focus on getting the torch working first so id like to be able to work indoors or be able to plug into wall, but then im guessin id need an inverter as well as a PWM ?

Koya - Guy on ebay said just use 2 tbsp per 1 gal (obviously not correct as this did nothing) Trying to focus on getting a system working correctly with flame torch first, then move onto car setups like this cell on my 04 f350 diesel so as much LPM as i can get i guess (back burner project) Main objective is fire then home heat.

Fluid in the bubbler is the same solotion of KOH at the moment, and the input is lower then the output of the res so it doesnt flow backwards at all.

I will correct these issues with good connections and get back on here, just wanted to make sure i have at least that much right. How many amps should i be pulling ? I can spare any amount really, 2 battery truck and i could always get bigger alternator. Again thought not too concerned as i want a consistent output so i can fine tune from there.

Best way of test LPM ? Right now i filled 5 gallon pail then ran tube to there, filled bottle with water in bucket upside down and stuck house all the way into bottle to raise it up ? Seems ok, but bubbles in my output i was unsure of (little soap looking bubbles) and which was better again 3 pos 2 neg or 3 neg 2 pos plates ?

Thanks guys