PDA

View Full Version : Corolla revisited

plumabob
07-30-2008, 06:33 AM
Hi all been off the boards for awhile. After having 2 different cases crack open and one blow up I decided to try one of Smitty's pelican boxes. This is a model #1150 and fits perfectly in my corollas engine compartment. Choice of colors. I got this one at leisure pro for about 20 bucks plus shipping. Smittys right it's built like a tank. I'm still using my 10 plate setup. 5 sets of 2 SS electrical plates with about an 1 1/2 inch space between adjoining sets. Gap is 1/16. Positive and negative connected to the ends only. Production is still 1+LPM. Amp draw is under 20. Just ordered an O2 enhancer as I'm making plenty of HHO but gas mileage has not increased much. I've been told this will do the trick. I will post results as I get them.

Bob

BoyntonStu
07-30-2008, 07:48 AM
before/after mpg?

HomeGrown
07-30-2008, 08:00 AM
Bob, I thought you had some other setup that was kicking butt, with connected neutrals & only +/- on the end plates. Why didn't you rebuild it with that stack configuration? Great price on that Pelican case.

plumabob
07-30-2008, 01:54 PM
Homegrown I did. Didn't change the plate setup at all except to spread it out a bit more. It's still kick'in butt!

HHOhoper
07-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Do these things seal very well/easily? Do you have to do anything extra to seal them?

Smith03Jetta
07-30-2008, 04:01 PM
The Pelican cases do seal pretty well but they are designed to resist high exterior pressures not high interior pressures. I recommend that you fabricate a clamp of some kind to press the lid on tighter. Without the extra pressure the case may leak some of the hydrogen or water around the seal. I was able to blow into my case with my mouth through the hose and cause the seal to leak. That's why I fabricated the mounting bracket that I have on my car. It not only holds the Pelican case in place but it presses the lid on tightly as well. Back half of case near the hinges is where the extra pressure is needed. The front is fine. I also put a couple zip ties on the lock holes on the front to remind me not to open the case until I had drained all/most of the water out. Because the water level is above the seal, opening the case with water in it can cause a spill.

Glad to see you got a good box. :)

You will like it.

Some of the larger Pelican cases have clamps on all sides. That would be ideal for these smaller boxes but they don't build them that way for economy reasons.

Smith03Jetta
07-30-2008, 04:23 PM
This should serve as an important lesson for everybody. Collaboration and experimentation will get better results than everybody going their own way or copying from somebody's E-Book verbatim.

Plumabob came up with a good plate design. I still don't know where he got the idea from. I came up with a good case to hold it. Together it makes for a really good system.

I think I'm going to go buy stock in Pelican now... See you later...

plumabob
07-30-2008, 04:33 PM
How true Smitty,

All for one and one for all is the way it should be.

No leakage problem because my water level is below the rim. I'm really liking this case already though. My EFIE O2 enhancer arrived today and is now installed. So here is what I have so far.

HHO Generator 1LPM
MAP sensor enhancer
O2 EFIE enhancer
Scan Gauge II

Now for the mileage test. I am going to put a few hundred miles on this entire setup before I post again unless there are problems of course.

Smith03Jetta
07-30-2008, 04:40 PM
You've got a habit of busting cases open. Please don't to that to this pretty orange case.:rolleyes:

plumabob
07-30-2008, 06:14 PM
I'll try not to Smitty. but sh%##@!!! happens as you well know!

plumabob
08-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Bought an EFIE ( o2 enhancer ) from FuelSaver-MPG.com for 79.95 + shipping. Wasn't working right from day one. Finally came to the conculsion that it was No Good so it was shipped back today and will be repaired or replaced at the sellers descretion. So at the moment I am status quo. I also am replacing my o2 sensor as it's got 11 years and 85,000 miles on it. Just figured it was time to do it. As soon as i have it all back together I will be posting results. My 1150 Pelican case continues to function perfectly with no issues! I can highly recommend it!