PDA

View Full Version : Making HHO Before Putting It Into My Car

dkongkill
08-22-2010, 11:03 PM
Hey so i have a Jeep Cherokee and i was just wondering what if i made an HHO cell and made the gas at home and then got a way to store it in a tank that can later be put in my car and pump a solid amount of gas into my engine. Would this idea work? Has anyone tried it yet? Any answers and info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

myoldyourgold
08-23-2010, 11:00 AM
http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?p=41042#post41042

HHOJeeper
08-30-2010, 10:05 PM
Why? Tune your Jeep to run it and then on your drive you run out of gas in your HHO "bottle" and then your truck runs super lean.... Why?

H2OPWR
08-30-2010, 10:42 PM
Very bad idea. Bang!@!!!!

Greenpower Generation
08-31-2010, 10:29 AM
A company called 'ITM power' in sheffield, England (30 miles from me) has started pressurising pure hydrogen for cars and vans and is going from strength to strength, in september they are releasing a new portable H Fuel system built into a lorry container that can be delivered to companies with fleet vehicles.
i have a invitation to the launch of this on the 15th and am looking forward to it and meeting the brains behind it.
Also roy mcalister has been doing it for many years ... as we all know!!
Heres a couple of links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oJ3T4OlQEs&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oJ3T4OlQEs&feature=related

myoldyourgold
08-31-2010, 12:30 PM
Hydrogen and HHO are apples and oranges. Make no mistake if you compress HHO (hydrogen and Oxygen) you have a potential very big bomb!!! Do not do it unless you know exactly what you are doing!!! Compressing just hydrogen is not such a problem but still is dangerous for someone without the right equipment and safety devises and is done commercially every day. Nobody is compressing HHO commercially, at least not to my knowledge. Let us not get confused here. Greenpower I think you need to make it very clear what you are talking about. Be safe!!!

Greenpower Generation
08-31-2010, 04:24 PM
Sorry for any confusion, just to clarify ... i dont recommend compressing HHO
If anyone was to try this at home and anything was to go wrong you WILL die.

here's another clip from itm power, i meant to put this on the other post.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOtEDCw4XOM&feature=channel

Also .. i'm new on this forum so HELLO anyone reading, i'm not a company or selling anything but just a HHO enthusiast, i first built and used wet cells in filter cases but now build and use dry cells, i also have experimented with a DC inverter welder as a power supply.
thanks for reading, feel free to say hi, Martin.

Greenpower Generation
08-31-2010, 07:37 PM
Actually myoldyourgold ... i think ive just seen the error of my ways, ive had a look at a few vid clips that i thought used compressed HHO and confirmed that it is infact pure hydrogen as you said and NOT HHO!
i havent started my compressor project yet but i have most of the parts, after this sudden realisation of it needing to be pure hydrogen to compress to high pressure and the higher danger of compessing HHO i now doubt i will continue ... you could even say its pi**ed on my bonfire a bit!, i would like to build a H configuration cell with pure hydrogen from one chamber and oxygen from the other ... but not at the moment as spare time is limited.
this is roy's storage tank of hydrogen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRYj23Ond3g&p=8C999C818E890331&playnext=1&index=26
thanks bud, you may have just saved my life.
Martin.

myoldyourgold
08-31-2010, 08:43 PM
You are most welcome anytime Sir. There are some good open source splitting reactors out there. If you want to compress that is what you need. The risk is always there that there might be some bleed over of oxygen. The membranes that are used commercially are very expensive and beyond our reach. Hope this helps. You be safe Sir.

Greenpower Generation
08-31-2010, 10:20 PM
Yep, ok ... sorry about that Ben, i should have kept my trap shut but when i saw this link it was something that had been on my mind for some time, i built and used a wet cell in my diesel focus estate a couple of years ago with great success, i had an idea to make green HHO at home using a wind turbine and store it to use as and when i like possibly in my 3.3kva briggs genny or a car??
while at college learning panel beating and paint praying there was major emphasis on bottle storage, solvent storage and all other substances hazzardous to health, i also handled propane for years so with that in mind and seeing roy simply running his john deer at 4psi unthrottled i was rubbing my hands together .... UNTIL as you can see above my realisation of it no longer being possible, until then i thought i had it all planned out, ive already built the first stage which is the cell with a pump, radiator and bubbler with water trap, i will include a pic of it, no url for pic ... here's a vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m74QBECge4Q
the cell isnt too good but i now have everything i need to build a new BIGGER one ... except time.

Greenpower Generation
09-01-2010, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the complement, unfortunately (or fortunately) i will no longer consider storing HHO for safety reasons after the previous posts with myoldyourgold, my system on the video will just be used for experimentation on cells alone, with the pump and flow control its useful for testing a cells potential with full plate coverage and brute force power.
i have also been building small dry cells with similar dimensions as yours, very basic 11 plate cells with holes, 13 plates with stronger electrolyte maybe next time to lower voltage per plate and reduce temp.
i edited my previous posts for safety reasons.
Martin.

lhazleton
09-06-2010, 08:28 AM
Remember this???????????????????????

Firefighters block off several blocks around Realm industries, an alternative fuel company in Simi Valley where an explosion took place Thursday afternoon.

Photo by David Yamamoto // Buy this photo

Firefighters block off several blocks around Realm industries, an alternative fuel company in Simi Valley where an explosion took place Thursday afternoon.
Ventura County firefighters responded to Realm Industries in Simi Valley Thursday afternoon following an explosion that killed one man. The blast punched a hole through the roof of the building and dislodged two large garage-style doors.

Photo by Joseph A. Garcia, Photo by Joseph A. Garcia/Star staff

Ventura County firefighters responded to Realm Industries in Simi Valley Thursday afternoon following an explosion that killed one man. The blast punched a hole through the roof of the building and dislodged two large garage-style doors.
A friend of the owner of Realm Industries, who asked not to be identified, reacts to a Thursday afternoon explosion that killed one man at the Simi Valley business.

David K. Yamamoto/ Special to The Star

A friend of the owner of Realm Industries, who asked not to be identified, reacts to a Thursday afternoon explosion that killed one man at the Simi Valley business.

Simi Valley police officers speak with a relative of the owner of Realm Industries, following an explosion that killed one man at the business Thursday afternoon in Simi Valley. Realm Industries is an alternative fuel company.

David K. Yamamoto / Special to The Star

Simi Valley police officers speak with a relative of the owner of Realm Industries, following an explosion that killed one man at the business Thursday afternoon in Simi Valley. Realm Industries is an alternative fuel company.

A man was killed Thursday in an explosion at an alternative fuel business in a Simi Valley industrial area, about 18 months after a similar incident was reported there, officials said.

Authorities evacuated businesses within a half-mile radius of Realm Industries, 480 E. Easy Street, amid concerns of a possible second explosion.

Ventura County Fire Department spokesman Capt. Ron Oatman said firefighters responded to a police call about 1:15 p.m. The blast appeared to have caused a partial collapse and punched a hole through the building’s roof.

Local residents felt the blast that rocked buildings and vehicles blocks away. Karl Hedding, owner of Servpro, was in a building next door during the explosion and said he saw part of the roof flying in the air.

It sounded like someone dropped a freight train on the building, said truck driver Brian Westerhouse, 42, of Simi Valley. He was asleep in his truck behind the building when the explosion jolted him awake.

“I felt the rumble. It woke my heart up,” he said. “I looked up and immediately saw debris.”

The cause of the blast is under investigation. Authorities were told it was a water-based explosion, and that the company’s work involved extracting hydrogen from water to make fuel.

In December 2008, a similar incident was reported at the same business, Oatman said. It appears that the business was located in a different building close by at that time.

Oatman said he believes the 2008 explosion was a much lower magnitude.

Initial reports said the top of a hydrogen cylinder blew off in 2008, and that one person may have been injured in the blast.

On Thursday, a Simi Valley SWAT team training in the area was first to respond after hearing the explosion.

Initial reports indicated there were multiple injuries. Later in the day, however, authorities said only three people were in the building at the time of the explosion. Two declined any medical treatment and got out of the building without help from firefighters.

Despite concerns about another possible explosion, firefighters searched the building and found the third person dead inside, Oatman said. Authorities did not release his name Thursday.

Debbie Shell, 46, of Simi Valley, said she owned the building where the explosion occurred. She wasn’t there at the time. The business had been there for about a year, according to Shell.

A patent filed in March 2009 lists Realm Industries of Simi Valley as an applicant. It also lists William Stehl and Tyson Larson as both applicants and inventors.

The patent relates to equipment and ways to generate energy from fluids such as water that can be used as an alternative fuel source.

About a dozen witnesses, family members and others gathered near the crime tape that blocked off the evacuated area Thursday afternoon. A chaplain also was on hand, the fire department reported.

Rod Lavender, 49, of Michigan, said he was unloading a truck next door when he heard the loudest boom he has ever heard.

“The whole truck just shook,” Lavender said.

The explosion also was felt down the street at Ventura Technology Group headquarters at 855 E. Easy St., according to office manager Fae Henson.

“It was a big boom that rocked the building,” she said. Since it is a one-story industrial building, she said that she knew it was big.

Read more: http://www.vcstar.com/news/2010/jun/17/1-killed-2-injured-in-explosion-in-Simi-Valley-ind/#ixzz0ykvQkgBl
- vcstar.com