PDA

View Full Version : Newby

Henry
08-08-2010, 03:46 AM
Hello, I'm new to basically all of this and had some questions hopefully some of you could answer,

I have a 1993 ford festiva that gets about 38 miles per gallon.

1 I'm i going to have to do anything to the ''sensors or the computer'' I heard on some cars you have to monkey with that more than others'' And some you can get better gas mileage without having to monkey with anything.

2 How many amps should it draw, It probably isn't that big of a generator in there to draw from, But it isn't that big of a car 63 horse power 1700 pounds, But i have two large speakers and a woofer in back that probably draws a lot more amps than the cars original Audio system, But Probably won't be using that to often, But i think it might run the battery out, When i install my system,

3 My Dad made one do it yourself i see online, And thinking about doing the same one, It puts out over 1.5 liters per minute... I'm i looking for any sorting number or is it as much as you can get is good,

4 What about acetone in the gas,

5 I live up north were it gets pretty cold Sometimes, we have some minus 10s for highs sometimes and was wondering what should i add i heard of antifreeze but was wondering if there was anything else that would work better,

myoldyourgold
08-08-2010, 04:34 AM
Use the search function and you should find most of your answers. Start here. Even though this is not your exact car it will give you some idea.

http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=6005&highlight=ford+festiva

1 Am i going to have to do anything to the ''sensors or the computer'' I heard on some cars you have to monkey with that more than others'' And some you can get better gas mileage without having to monkey with anything.

Most likely. You will have to test to be sure. Start with a small amount of HHO 200 MLPM and go up to see what happens. Do not exceed .5 of a liter per liter of engine size

2 How many amps should it draw, It probably isn't that big of a generator in there to draw from, But it isn't that big of a car 63 horse power 1700 pounds, But i have two large speakers and a woofer in back that probably draws a lot more amps than the cars original Audio system, But Probably won't be using that to often, But i think it might run the battery out, When i install my system,

This depends on three factors. 1 What amperage your alternator is rated at, 2 how much HHO you will need to inject, 3 How efficient you reactor is.

3 My Dad made one do it yourself i see online, And thinking about doing the same one, It puts out over 1.5 liters per minute... I'm i looking for any sorting number or is it as much as you can get is good,

Again this depends on your engine size. Not more than .5 lpm of HHO for every liter of engine size

4 What about acetone in the gas,

Reports on the use of acetone is a flip of a coin. No need to when using HHO.

5 I live up north were it gets pretty cold Sometimes, we have some minus 10s for highs sometimes and was wondering what should i add i heard of antifreeze but was wondering if there was anything else that would work better,

Use the search feature this has been discussed many times. There are a number of different things you can do.

Henry
08-08-2010, 06:50 AM
Thanks, It will probably be awhile before i get it put in, And post back, I'll do some more research on hho and hho in this specific car,