PDA

View Full Version : 1st Generator

AceHand
07-24-2010, 10:50 PM
Howdy Folks,
New member here. Lots of info on the web, but hard to tell which one to start with. I've done some research. I'll try a dry cell when I can access better stainless plates, but for now I'd need to prove to myself and others that this will work. A couple suggestions or opinions would sure help before I start on this design.
For my small '92 toyota pickup (6 cly) I'm thinking a smacks style generator in 4" pvc with 15 stainless light switch blanks(sanded/dented) (-NNNNNN+NNNNNN-) equally spaced 3/16" or 1/8" apart. Either SOH or KOH electrolyte concentrated until the amps or temperature climbs too much after a few hours or days running.
Will this work if I don't have trouble from the emmisions sensors?
Thanks,
Tom

AceHand
07-26-2010, 10:30 PM
OK, thanks anyway. Guess I'm on my own.
Good Luck,
Tom

H2OPWR
07-27-2010, 01:22 AM
OK, thanks anyway. Guess I'm on my own.
Good Luck,
Tom

Tom, Please do not think folks here do not care. Chris has about killed everyone on newby help. Ditch the PVC pipe. That is a wet cell design and long ago forgotton as ineffecient. Search Youtube for Painlesshho. His name is Russ. He was a great member here and is missed. He has a video on a switchplate drycell that will help you out much. To make it easier here is a link.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PainlessHHO#p/u/10/KrovCAzg_kY

While I do not like the switch plates it is a good place to start.

Larry

myoldyourgold
07-27-2010, 03:24 AM
Tom you just got about the best advise you could get form Larry. I would like to add just a little to it. If you plan to use this reactor made with switch plates to prove that this will improve mileage in you Toyota, I am afraid you will be disappointed. If you just want to build your first reactor and get your feet wet then this is where a lot of people have started. If you really want to get better performance you will need to do a lot more research. Youtube this forum and other forums have tons of good information. There is a lot of information and it will take a lot of study. When you think you know just about all there is to know, you will find out that there is either something new or you just missed a few thousand pages of information specially if you are going to get your car to get better mileage and burn cleaner. This is not to discourage you but to encourage you to continue to study and learn from others expensive mistakes. Some of us have spent more money than we want to think about and are still looking for more information and doing more testing. You have made a good start so do not get discouraged. Look for some one who has the same or similar vehicle and learn form him if possible. This will save you time and money. The bottom line is it is not a simple thing but once you master it you will be very pleased with your results.

lhazleton
07-27-2010, 07:19 PM
Carter,
What expensive mistakes?
You mean like blowing up the intake manifold????????????
I did this a long time ago to my Explorer when I had only a few months of experience with this technology LOL....

AceHand
07-28-2010, 12:25 AM
Thanks for all the advice. I'll do like you say, and hopefully no ugly pics like lhazelton (ouch).
Thanks again,
Tom

myoldyourgold
07-28-2010, 01:30 AM
Lee, Nothing like a real picture to get the point across. Study Study Study Tom, and safety first. You will succeed if you work at it.

Bhart
07-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Acehand, take a look at this article as you hook up you HHO generator. Be safe!
Minimum Safety Circuitry for HHO Installs

http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/doc/power_control.html

Bhart
07-30-2010, 07:33 PM
Acehand,
Please be aware of the fact that you will produce some steam from your generator and that it has the potential to corrode any aluminum parts, throttle body in particular. Two weeks after installing my generator I found that the butterfly on my throttle body was beginning to stick from corrosion around the throttle body causing my foot throttle to be erratic. I had to remove the corrosion to get a smooth acceleration again.

Go to this forum topic to learn about this potential danger:
General Discussion, second page 3/4 of the way down

Warning, Warning... Please read... (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
by Smith03Jetta

lhazleton
07-30-2010, 08:40 PM
Here's my MAF sensor after using a wet-cell design steam machine. One of the reasons I started building Drycell reactors instead.

lhazleton
07-30-2010, 08:42 PM
Here's my MAF sensor after using a wet-cell design steam machine. One of the reasons I started building Drycell reactors instead.

Sorry, I screwed up the 1st post, so here's the picture.

AceHand
07-30-2010, 10:55 PM
I had read the corrosion thread. I'll do more reading before I get started on this cell. Hard to tell what kind of SS is at the scrapyard, and I'm still not sure of what size I'll use eventually. Until I get better plates, I'm thinking I'll go with a design similar to the one Larry suggested earlier, a switch plate dry cell. Plan A is a double bubbler, or whatever I find is the best electrolite trap. Lots of theory on the bubblers too. Kinda busy around here. Lots of time to find the best design for me.
Thanks for the heads up,
Tom