PDA

View Full Version : storing HHO

AsTheSun
07-12-2010, 10:21 AM
hi folks i'm new to this so bare with me. i recently made my first hydrolyzer successfully and started doing research about what can be done with this gas. i would like to be able to produce an amount of gas, store it in a tank and use it later. a few sites say it is very dangerous to do this and i am unsure why, aside from the obvious reasons (it's explosive). oxygen is stored pressurized in tanks, as is hydrogen. is HHO more dangerous to store than just H or O?

myoldyourgold
07-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Storing HHO is very dangerous. HHO can self ignite under the right conditions. One is pressure. O or H by them selves do not have this problem. Just do not do it!!!!

AsTheSun
07-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Storing HHO is very dangerous. HHO can self ignite under the right conditions. One is pressure. O or H by them selves do not have this problem. Just do not do it!!!!

what causes it to self-ignite?

myoldyourgold
07-12-2010, 12:13 PM
The complexity of this subject is out of my realm and will leave the science behind it to others on the forum. Now that said I can say that there is some controversy over the storage / pressure of HHO. I personally do not want to take the chance of a dangerous explosion. Simply put there are three things you need to start a fire;
1. Fuel (Hydrogen)
2. Oxygen
1 and 2 together are an ignitable/explosive mixture HHO
3. Ignition source.
Ignition can be initiated by flame, spark or heat.

Part of the debate is the mixture of Para to Ortho hydrogen. If it is possible and you increase the orthohydrogen ratio then it is conceivable that self ignition could happen at lower pressure and temperature as is claimed by some. At very low temperatures hydrogen liquefies and changes state to almost all parahydrogen and is compressed and stored in this manner. (Rocket fuel) The fact is the less orthohydrogen you have the safer it is but that results in less energy.

Be safe and just do not store it especially if you do not understand what you are doing. You must not other wise you would not have asked the question.
I suggest you do a lot more research before you start to store any volume of HHO it is deadly!!

AsTheSun
07-12-2010, 12:30 PM
i havent tried yet. and if HHO cannot be easily stored, then i am barking up the wrong tree. i'm going to make a dual chamber hydrolyzer i guess so i can capture only hydrogen

chris0147
07-12-2010, 03:37 PM
DO NOT STORE the hydrogen gas in the fuel tank, because if there is leaks and if someone is smoking near your car, the hydrogen gas will start to explosion! So just store the water mixed with potassium hydroxide in the fuel tank, which I find it in the safest way to do so. Why do you want to store the hydrogen gas in the tank instead of putting yourself and others at risks?

lhazleton
07-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Remember the guys in California last month?
This is a damned good reason to NOT ATTEMPT STORING HHO!

http://pesn.com/2010/06/18/9501662_water-fuel-research_Explosion_kills_inventor/
You are here: PureEnergySystems.com > News > June 18, 2010
Explosion at California water fuel research company kills inventor

On Thursday afternoon, 28-year-old inventor, Tyson Larson was killed in an explosion that ripped a hole in the roof and blew out the back doors to a Simi Valley building of the family member's company, Realm Industries, which was seeking to develop his water fuel technology.

AsTheSun
07-12-2010, 04:16 PM
DO NOT STORE the hydrogen gas in the fuel tank, because if there is leaks and if someone is smoking near your car, the hydrogen gas will start to explosion! So just store the water mixed with potassium hydroxide in the fuel tank, which I find it in the safest way to do so. Why do you want to store the hydrogen gas in the tank instead of putting yourself and others at risks?

i dont want to store the hydrogen in the gasoline tank. i want to store the hydrogen in a pressurized container which is suitable for the job. i'm not in such a hurry that i want to risk my life. i plan on doing some research before anything else, which is why i am here.

it just occured to me that it would be difficult to electrolyze enough HH0 or H on the vehicle to make the kind of difference in mileage i am looking for. also i saw a few vids online from the university of arizona where guy had converted a small motor to run pure H and claimed to have his 3 cylinder geo running pure H also. this is my ultimate goal, to have a vehicle that doesnt use petrol